• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Invent your own Martial Art!!

If you guys could invent a martial art what would it be?? mine would be

Taekido, a mix of taekwondo, Hapkido and Aikido.

have fun.

andrew :D

"Who Dares, Wins"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my own interpretation of goju ryu. not too exciting, but wait til you hear the name: goju ryu bleeding lion style, ha! i'll add a kata using the devastating lion claw technique.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

Been there, done that.... Heh, i made my own style so i could teach easier. I sat down, got out all the old teaching guides/syllabus books/technique books etc etc that i had in my crowded shelf and put together every technique that i knew. Then i buggered off all the useless junk - mostly useless stances like Goju Cat Stance and that dreadfully stupid Zenkutsu Dachi or long stance, and brainless Korean stances like L stance or half dragon stance etc etc.

I also buggered off uselessly complicated joint locks and throws. I slashed a lot of stuff down to basics mostly. I kept all the basic kicks at all heights and limited spinning kicks to the basic side, crescent and hooks with jumping variations at the highest level in the system.

I kept pretty much every strike i'd learned apart from crappy spear hand strikes because they're effective only for braking your fingers. I kept the gooseneck or "koken" strikes as they're called in Japanese.

Then i created 7 or 8 interpretational kata's that could be adapted to fit the person, and taught the kata simply as fluid technique practice, not THE BIBLE of how to fight.

I still just call it Freestyle Kickboxing, and my old instructor is the Head Instructor, but i'm the founder and senior Senpai. I'm the only one that teaches my style though, so really my Sensei is just to use for my reference if i need any help with something. I'll get around to taking my test for third dan soon i guess - it just doesn't mean much to me, my system doesn't have belts. My students just call me Rick.

Rick.

RJT: 2nd Degree Black Belt Freestyle Kickboxer - 3rd Gup HapKiDoist - 6th Kyu Zen Go Shu KarateKa

Just Kick Them, They'll Understand...

-TBK

Ninga Turtle Do- The art of slow moving, slow punching and slow kicking, all while wearing a very large turtle shell.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I would invent a style that incorporates strong yet agile movements. It would concentrate heavily on improving reaction speed, and making your forearms and shins stronger for blocking. Its main arsenal would be punching, then joint attacks, (knees, headbutts, elbows,) and then grappling. Kicks would be taught to never be thrown higher than the stomach, and to never be thrown in situations where you are in an enclosed space.

You know TKD guy I was going to invent an art called Tae Ki Do...then I realized it sounded too much like a mexican snack food. :D

Long Live the Fighters!