• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorites

I am a little disturbed by something I have found myself doing. In the class that is for the younger students i find that alot of these kids are forced to here by there parents or just come because of some DBZ or something, seriously one kid asked me "are you a super saiyan?" but then there are a few students who really like it and dont complain about the pain and you see them pushing themselves. I often find that while assisting or even teaching I will focus more on them getting it the best I can get them more than the other people. Do you think this is a right thing to do?

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No i dont think its right. But i can see why you are doing it. You see a group of kids are serious ready to answer to any command thier givin by thier instructor. And then you have the group that has little to no interest, doesnt put forth as much as they could. So you tend to lean to those who show more interest and enthusiasm, which is completely understandable, who wants to teach people that dont want to learn? But as an instructor you need to teach the class as a whole, and get them all as good as you can, not just a particular group

~ You first mistake is to underestimate ~

However, on the flip side..... you dont want to neglect students that are that eager - it can be very difficult to find a happy equilibrium in this situation.

Teach the ones who want to be there and learn. Babysit and harvest dead presidents off the ones who are just there because they have to be. On the bright side, the DBZ kiddies at least want to learn something, so i'd try to teach them things.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Like shooting beams from their eyes :D

Seriously, that sort of attitude can be slowly turned ronud to a real love of the martial arts.

thanks alot for your advice guys. I actually cleared up the dbz thing from that kids head. Dont get me wrong I teach everyone. Its just like this there's two student A and B. B doesnt like it and I've tried but he doesn't show any effort. So when when I see a mistake in them I'll tell B "switch your feet". then student A makes the same mistake and Ill pause and tell him (loudly so everyone is free to hear) "When you turn watch your right foot so that you can land you can.....try it again". This was just an example

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

YEAH YOU SHOULD TEACH THE KIDS WHO WANTS FIGHTING AS A CAREER. Not this little kiddies who want to be all dbz and stuff, who knows one of your students may particapte in the Ufc or the k-1.

I am here to get stronger in physical, mental and ki strength.

YEAH YOU SHOULD TEACH THE KIDS WHO WANTS FIGHTING AS A CAREER. Not this little kiddies who want to be all dbz and stuff, who knows one of your students may particapte in the Ufc or the k-1.

Not sure what you mean by dbz, but there are very few young children that want to make fighting a career (Other than the momentary attention span a child has for any career).

By only training people that want to fight for a living, you are giving yourself a very narrow student base, and doing a disservice to MA in general.

Everyone that trains does so for different reasons. There are a some that want to tournament spar, others that want to break things (including people!), some that just want fitness. Train them all, and the ones that want the harder training will attend the extra classes and/or seek out the extra training. Make it available but not required, and you'll have a much happier student roster.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player