MA Goofs & Blunders

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to change your name Kiddo :) My boyfriend (Mr. Perfect) is 35, i'm 24, so he calls be kiddo cause he's older :)

It doesn't mean it's not suitable for a boy, though I'm a girl :D

About noisy smelly stuff ... we have in our dojo a boy who's killing those who are near him. Thank good he's a beginner, thus far from me :D

Have you ever noticed when you spar that some of your opponents do a much better job than others at getting their handpad caught in your gi top and opening it up?

Hush Sai! that was supposed to be a secret :lol:

as for blunders: i was sparring in training approx 2 weeks ago, when I decided to sweep my sparring partner( were not really allowed to at this level) anyhow, he moved his foot, I lost my balance, than kissed the floor.

:roll: :roll:

Read a book!

i've seen and done a fair few blunders

recently upon executing a round kick in class my opponent who was open managed to get his elbow in place and blocked with his elbow. Needless to say 2-3 weeks later i'm still feeling the muscle (and possible bone injury i just got it x-rayed) so because I've been going easy on my foot I was doing combo drills and i roll that foot's ankle and make out this loud yelp - everyone laughs at me. ok not really that funny.

This was a while ago...We have 2 classes one after the other at my dojo on some days, and me and this girl were fooling around between the classes - at early levels we're told to never open our hands because we can't close them fast enough. Well anyway me and this girl are fooling around sorta sparring bare knuckle she does this scooping kick on me and I put my hand down the wrong way to block it, a completely straight palm facing downwards - needless to say I copped the full kick on my ring finger. It was soooo fat.

Ouch! I did that before. I was only an orange belt in TSD. We were doing kick/block drills in class. I guess I blocked too soon (open handed) and this girl broke my middle finger with a kick. But I kept going with class. Sheesh. I'm a gluttin for punishment.

Last night, we were practicing falls, then throws. I was doing really good with falling till we did the throwing part. This kid did a throw wrong and I landed on my head. My falling skills went out the window after that. He threw me again and I forgot to "slap" the mat as I fell, and I landed flat on my back .... HARD! It knocked the wind outta me! Ouch. Apperently he did the throw wrong again anyway, because when I was laying on the mat catching my breath, my instructor yelled at him. So we both goofed LOL.

Laurie F

I can feel your pain. after having some nasty experiences with reckless beginners I started being careful about my partners, especially when it comes to grappling/throwing. I accept being thrown only by my instructor, my friend or another student I consider responsible enough.

Last semester I busted 2 ribs while learning to fall. Good ... the pain :kaioken:

I can still feel some when I fall, but it's almost OK :)

And because I went again on another topic, I'll remember you here's the place to talk about goofs and blunders in MA training :karate:

Ahhh martial farts. Monday night in the family class (the one I teach almost entirely), we were warming up with some crunches. It was fairly quiet, the only noise that of breathing and the students counting in Korean. All of a sudden, someone lets out this monstrous gaseous explosion! At first, all went well and everyone was quiet. I was completely ready to ignore it. About ten seconds later, however, the student who was currently counting crunches started busting up laughing!! :lol: Soon the whole room erupted, and I couldn't help but join in, too. I still don't really know who did it, but I have my suspicions :brow:

I tried to quiet them down by making some sort of mention about control or something. :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Ahhh martial farts. Monday night in the family class (the one I teach almost entirely), we were warming up with some crunches. It was fairly quiet, the only noise that of breathing and the students counting in Korean. All of a sudden, someone lets out this monstrous gaseous explosion! At first, all went well and everyone was quiet. I was completely ready to ignore it. About ten seconds later, however, the student who was currently counting crunches started busting up laughing!! :lol: Soon the whole room erupted, and I couldn't help but join in, too. I still don't really know who did it, but I have my suspicions :brow:

I tried to quiet them down by making some sort of mention about control or something. :lol:

That musta been embarassing for the culprit.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate