• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA Goofs & Blunders

Dude is like 6'2 feet tall ... oops

Dang, Laurie! Good height! :)

Na, that's on a good night when I'm stretched out really good (I'm 5' 8 ). Other than that, I can't kick above my head LOL. That's why it suprised me (and him) LOL.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensei was in full body armor letting us attack the living daylights out of him, all of us taking out our aggressions for all the pushups we had ever done. The cutest girl in class (18 yo hottie, ya know what i mean :brow: ) was taking her turn. We were all rooting her on when one of the twins decided to make an appearance. She stopped, as we all did, with her jaw wide open and the twin waving about. Then..... Sensei hit her and said, ya think a bad guy would care about that. 22 years later and it's still the best day in class!!!! :lol:

place clever martial arts phrase here

:o Oh... my... gosh! I would just die... That's awful... for her, not the guys. :P

Ugh! I'm mortified for her!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

That happened to me (I think I posted it here before). One of my first classes in Tang Soo Do, I had a brand spanking new uniform (the traditional style), and we were practicing lapel grap defenses. Well, with me being a brand new white belt, I didn't think to wear a tank top or sports bra under my dobok. I had a regular bra on and nothing else under my dobok. My partner grapped me and I attemped to excape, and something else excaped ...... :o Good thing my partner was a girl. That made me go out and buy sports bras for training. I wear tank tops for jujitsu.

Laurie F

• 3 years later...

Well here is an embarrassing thing that happened today. I arrived early for class today, hoping to be able to practice my 360 sweeps in the back before class (there's not a good place in my home to practice them.

So the class before mine, of 6-7 year olds, starts sparring right after I arrive, but there are only six of them and the school is rather large, so I asked my instructor if i could utilize the back.

I grabbed one of the hard plastic blocks (like 6 inches by 1 foot by two feet) that they had used in the back earlier that class, and set it on the floor as a target.

Then I would drop to my knee, spin around, and try and hit the target. It started hitting walls and such, and was kinda loud, so I decided to grab a hand target and use it instead.

I set it down on the ground, spun and missed, missed again, missed a third time.

At this point all of the 6-7 year olds had lined up for bow-out and the instructor was lecturing them.

I then spun, hit it, and it went flying across the room, loudly, landing right in the middle of the line-up.

I grabbed it as fast as i could, as the instructor asked me to please wait till after class to practice, me mumbling sorry and that I didn't think it would go that far. I don't think he was too thrilled with me interrupting his lecture, I doubt any of the students payed attention to a word he said after that.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

So i had been in my class for about just a little bit and me and one of my friends, i think we were new yellowbelts at the time were sparing with one of the second degree blackbelts in class 2-1.

When he took my friend down and started fighting with him he had his back to me and i decided it would be the perfect opertunity to take him by surprise, unfortunately for me, i forgot there were mirrors and he looked up and backkicked my straight in the chest.

My legs kept going and the rest of my stopped dead and i landed on the floor straight as a board, good times.

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo

Man, that could not have felt good. Good job on the 2nd degree to use his surroundings to his advantage, though. A good lesson for the future, perhaps? :brow:

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely too funny!!! :D I can't stop laughing :spitlaugh:

I've had multiple embarrassing blunders/goofs over my decade in the martial arts and seen many as well.

My first one was my own fault for not being aware of my surroundings. I was overeager to go to class one morning and ran into the dojang while managing to open the door over my big toe. lucky for me nobody but one of the head instructors saw it. ended up in urgent care trying to figure out how my toenail was hanging off and my toe broke.

Goof #2: I was testing for my level 6 or 7 junior black belt and one of the exercises was to pair off with an instructor for one steps. Imagine a 4 foot 9 inch little kid paired off with a 6 foot something 200+ pound guy. He said "hit me" so I took that to mean clobber the guy. I hit him as hard as I possibly could in the solar plexus and ended up knocking the wind out of him *major ooops* we still joke about it 6 years later.

Goof #3: the dreaded pair of pants! I have trouble fitting into pants because I'm particularly short (5 foot 2) If I get size 2's, they don't fit my waist and are barely long enough; but if I get 3's, they're too long until they've been through the wash at least 20 times, but they fit my waist. Whenever I get new pants and I'm in class, count on me ending up on the floor for no reason at least 5 or 6 times... even as a second degree black belt :o :D I don't think I can get customised pants tailored to fit me until I can get a job that pays for that :P

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total