MA Goofs & Blunders

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had introduced a young 13 year old boy to Hapkido. We were at his first class and I had tried to tell him the importance of wearing a cup. Of course he scoffed and said how uncomfortable it was to wear. Not more than ten minutes later, another student was demonstrating a roundhouse kick on a clapper target. The student kicked the target right out of the hand of the holder, across the dojang, about 20 feet away and square in the "you know where" of my naive young friend. Needless to say my point was reinforced with a hardy tone. No one was injured except for some pride. :grin:

Brett

The Hand is quicker than the eye!

Well when we were in class and practice running jump kicks infront just kicking straight. This one kid went and ran and jumped up and did the front kick and hit the target that our trainer was holding and he hit it so hard it went flying up into the ceiling and (we had the rectangle things on the roof put together so you can push it up and take a peice off if you want) hit the rectangle and it went up inside and it was stuck somewhere inside the ceiling and the space their is before your home is finished getting build like in an undelevoped basement. and the rectangle thing on the roof almost fell onto the floor but it was just hanging. The the trainer said "OOOO looks like we have a problem!!! :roll: "

"Nice kick though" :spitlaugh:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Went to the gym in 1988 to get rid of stress. Earlier in the day while driving to work I was sideswiped by a pick up truck and crashed head on into a light standard. It was after clearly all of this up and walking away with not even a scratch allthough my jeep was totalled that I went to the gym.

Upon getting to the gym I was asked to spar with a guy who had a fight in a few days. To make it short in a light sparring session I broke two ribs walking into a spinning back kick Ha ha ha cost me 4 weeks of training

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

I was watching a junior grading one evening and this ten year old was on the floor preparing to do a kata. As silence descended on th Dojo and every one was by now looking on the kid bowed, annouced his kata and opening out into a deep stance..at the same moment he let go this tunderous ripping fart that left everyone rolling out of their seats. We could even see the struggle on the testing instructors face as he tried to restrain the laughter

one blunder happend on a sunday afternoon training camp.........it was about a month before the north american kickboxing championships and our coach was pushing us pretty hard that day

i was sparring with a buddy of mine and i did quick lead leg roundhouse to her head......she decided to side kick at the same time she got me right in the nuts!!!

i wasnt wearing a cup........(i dont wear a cup in training because i trust the people i train with) but the pain was so great it imobilized me for a good 5 mins!

we all had a good laugh about it after.....i hope ill be able to have kids when im older

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

"Cup Checks".... there are always a few students who think they don't need to wear one (whether its trust or thinking their too cool) Well one day when Sah bum nihm scoup-kicked everyone in the class, the students decided "cool" ranked somewhere below breathing normally.

even with a cup on it still hurts like a ***** if you get kicked down there.....but it is better then going without one

but in training we just tuck our shirts in when we are sparring so the person can see our waist line...but still s-h-i-t happens

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock