• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA Goofs & Blunders

*blush*

I used to trip on my pant legs, so when I put them on now, I just tie the string, then roll up the waist once. Problem solved!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Something that is always funny is getting peole to do kata with their eyes closed..

We did kata in complete darkness once, and we had one of those markers to signal where you start and where you should end. It was wierd cause the people sitting down heard a kiai and didn't know who it came from :P

Current: Yellow Belt in GojuRyu. White Belt in Kabudo.

LOL! :lol: That sounds awesome! I'd love to do that at my dojo! :lol:

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

I just tested for red, and it reminded me of when I tested for my brown.

We were doing our forms, and there's a part of that form I was doing that you do a side kick and then an elbow strike. Well, I did the side kick, and one of the instructors was standing a bit close. I almost kicked him in the nose. I stopped just short (Thank God). When I ended my form, I looked over at the master instructor and he was laughing! I guess he got a kick out of it LOL. The other instructor didn't think it was so funny LOL.

Laurie F

I was sparring a sensei and tried to grab his hand to hold it so he couldn't block my punch.... well I scratched his nose! He has a scar still... :o

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

I go to a club where there is a lot of middle aged memebers, which is expected. One of these (I'm not saying her name), is quite new but also quite tallented, but she seems quite innocent at first. This, I found out, was not so, in a small competitive element to the lesson, she had to spar against a senior blackbelt, who she decimated, (noting that this woman is a 9th kyu, red belt, with no previous experience), I had to fight her next, and having not seen the previous fight I thought she had been given an easy ride, and he had let her win. This is when it all became apparent, as blow after blow rained down on me, and I was kicked and punched to pieces...in my defence/poor excuse she was using full contact moves in a semi contact stuation.

Later in the lesson during the sparring at the end, in an attempt to redeem myself, I challenged her again, again losing painfully, but mainly to my own faults. Trying to cresent kick her, in an attemt to get more space, i fell flat on my ar*e much to the delight of other students.

If this wasn't bad enough, weeks later I repeted the same thing with a steping rounhouse kick on my friend and main rival at the club. I now have to slow my stepping kicks down, as i keep leaving the floor, and ending up in painful and a tangled mess...:-(

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the one about the spear... anyways, mine is this one day when i wasn't fully warmed up and I tried a roundhouse on a dummy CRASH landed smack on the floor

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Lesse...

1) One of my first ever classes, we were working on mawashi-geri. I have problems with leaning over, so, I tried to do one, and I landed hard on my back, making a great big thud. I jumped to my feet before Sensei even had time to look and see what happened, and was already back to trying to kill the bag. The brown belt near me thought this was hilarious. Sensei asked if I was okay, all I did was nod and smile rather daftly. My head hurt.

2) A month or two back, we were working on flying jump kicks. My first kick, I ran, I jumped...I missed, and landed, again, hard on my back. I popped right up again, though, and looked really embarassed. For the rest of the class though, I kicked harder than anyone else. They voted me strongest kicker.

3) During my yellow belt test....I did everything just right. Then it was time for katas. I forgot to bow for the first kata.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Oh, man... What happened? Had you already started when everyone was bowing?

"Know Thyself"

All I can say, is I was sort of lucky. There was only one other kid testing for the same rank as I, but he stopped in the middle of the test, and did his the next class because he didn't know what he was doing. So I was all by myself, and got a funny look from Sensei, and a mild reprimand, but I still got my belt!

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu