• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA Goofs & Blunders

Owwwwwww that sounds painful!!!

It certainly was! I then had to stand up and look dignified and teach the white belts with blood running down the side of my face...

I think I scared some of the smaller kids, stood there in a blood covered gi. They were certainly very well behaved that night, anyway!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was sparring with this yellow belt he was keep on doing spinning back kicks and etc, this opponent that i'm sparring with is kinda chubby and i'm skinny but anyway when we we sparring and now this is no contact but i was like really fast for him so when the instructor told him to stop doing those spinning back kicks and my opponent tells him why and he answered because i'm am too tall and too fast for him and the yellow belt just frowned. :lol:

We were doing some light sparring the other day and I was with a second dan who is very good and fast and I can never normally touch. Somehow I managed to accidentally step on his foot and he snatched it away quickly (he's loads bigger than me) . When he pulled his foot back it catapulted me forward and I headbutted him in the chin. We just both stood there for a bit going "What happened there???" until we managed to work it out.

LOL

Something that is always funny is getting peole to do kata with their eyes closed..

ohh!! ooo yea.. now I just remembered the good old times when our Sensei wanted to see every disciple doing a kata with their eyes closed.

Some of the students started with their kata near the Dojo entry and later found themselves at the end of the hall when they had finished the kata. lol! it was funny to see their faces, one kid even said: "Yikes, how did I get over here??" :D hehe..

Kill is love

Well.. I had to spar once with a 5th dan Sensei who was the most "honoured" and scariest Sensei of all Sensei's in Sweden. All brown belts and black belts stood there in one line and the Sensei clapped his hands so all disciples ran to those Sempai's who were so-called "mild and gentle" ..that means: karateka's who weren't so scary, lol. The disciples almost struggled against each other to not be the last unlucky one who had to spar with the scariest 5th dan Sensei. ..so... I was 11 years old and I didn't give a crap to who was scary and who wasn't, I just tried every person, lol. :D But I was really slow too.. I mean, I was always thinking or dreaming of something and that's why I was always the last one. So.. everyone had chosen a partner to spar with. And I don't know what the heck I was thinking at that moment, but I kinda noticed 10 seconds later what was going on. All Sempai's were taken and the last one who wasn't taken was.... the extremely scary Sensei with 5th dan, lol. I didn't care though. :roll: I was like: whatever. So I got up from the floor and bowed to him. Everyone stared at me like: OMG! She's going to spar with THAT SENSEI!

.. :D Anyways, that was great fun though. I mostly smirked all the time I sparred with him, cuz I wasn't afraid at all (lol! and I'm like, still wondering how could I even think: whatever!) and he dragged me over the hall and I struggled like crazy :lol:

Kill is love

• 2 weeks later...

saifights is the tekki kata's similuar same as the pinion kata's. I saw on your profile you do Shorin Ryu and Shotokan. I know in Shorin its pinion and shotokan is tekki. Same in robu kai karate.

-Jeff

okay....now guess what I did yesterday? I was really tired, cuz we had so many tests at school and so on... so when I was going to the Dojo, I put on two different boots of two different pairs (one was brown and hte other one was black) and I didn't even notice I didn't put on boots of the same pair...until I came into the Dojo and my Sensei started to laugh and asked me: is that a new fashion? :lol: And I looked down on my legs and saw that I was wearing one boot of one pair and another, totally different boot of another pair of boots! lol! god I'm so scatter-brained! and how the heck didn't I notice that I actually was wearing two different boots? :D I guess I was completely brain-washed that day, ohh geez... Edited by *mArTiAl_GiRl*

Kill is love