• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hmm betcha can't guess which I am :lol:

I had a goof Monday night. I was point sparring my big brother who scares the crap out of me. Every time I came in his range, he ended up knocking me down. I was trying all sorts of things, but he just kept knocking me down with different attacks. Not necessarily scoring on me, but I was still falling waayyy too much! It got to the point where I expected to fall! So, I came in for a roundhouse kick, pulled it off and set it down. My brother actually did nothing this time to knock me down, but since I was expecting to fall, I simply leaned forward and toppled over headfirst. So it went like this:

Front-leg roundhouse to brother.

Set kick down.

Double over and topple forward face-first. :lol:

Such lovely coordination, eh? Since we were point-sparring, the head judge stopped the match, asked for the judge's call: "Tammy, uh.... fell down." :blush: How embarrassing!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

female here too !! :wink:

Last night in mixed level adult class I was paired up with a new gold belt. She is a giggly teenager that really doesn't seem to take class very seriously. So I thought I would basically be her punching bag... teaching her some combos like block-kick (when she stopped long enough from laughing!)....

Well, I was showing her how to middle block a punch to the chest and she was doing ok but lacked power. I told her to give it another shot but show more power well as she went to block my fist, we connected just so and I landed my own fist to my jaw http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/3dlil/buck.gif

... so I instead became my own punching bag :lol: ...

Holy crap, maybe I should look at you guys... umn girls profiles.

Better watch out us girls might gang up on you.

KarateForums has a really good mix of ages, sexes, nationalities and styles represented. And all are given the same respect.

Another girl here or like my boyfriend says "kiddo"

That means girl?!!?! Ahh crap... I'm a boy... Time to change my name I think...

Anyway. I've had other blunders before...

There was this time we were doing our basics up and down the hall. We were doing thrust kick and some black belt kept doing it wrong. So our instructor made us do pressups and after ten I got up and went straight in frontstance. I had this really big adrenaline rush. Making me fell like I could take anyone on. What I didn't know is that everyone else in the class was in hegadachi (Standing stance. I can't spell japanese words) but I was in front stance... So I felt so pumped up that I didn't listen to him say "Step forward into frontstance, downward block" and I just thought we were just continuting with our thrust kicks... So when he shouted "Ashumi" (something like that, begin) I went straight into the strongest kick I had done. Unfortunately it went completely wrong. I kicked with my right foot, my left foot came completely of the ground (I think it was actually parallel with the ground) and I went flying in the air. When I landed the instructor noticed and everyone had a good laugh... :(

Another time we were all doing this weird stretch. We were in 2s and one of us was lying on our backs on the floor. The other person stood with a foot next to each shoulder and had his hands out. The idea was for us to hold onto his/her ankles and lift our legs up. Our feet were to touch their hands and then go back to the floor to our instructors count...

I promise you, I didn't feel it coming... :P

Our instructor told us to raise our legs up.

First thing I knew I was happily raising my legs.

Next thing I knew this humongous fart was flying through my stomach at the speed of a japanese bullet train.

And it had to bloody sound like a bomb didn't it? EVERYONE heard it. And all started laughing at me :bawling: It wasnt that funny...

I think that's about it. If I remember anymore I'll say. Anyway. Off to change my name now!

Black belt- Shotokan

Everybodies going Kung-fu fighting. LMAO