• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Addicted

Addicted...yes, I'm definitely hooked on karate....That just might explain why my favorite topic is karate, why I think about MA all the time, why I keep randomly bowing, why I obsessively practice my kata...yes, you could say I'm addicted. But my grades went up, I'm more fit, reflexes are faster, and, of course, I'm slightly more socialble. This is my 13th month...and I'm up for blue belt! Haha!

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very similar with me when I first started. I was always saying the names of the technique in Japanese. Thinking about the workout from the night before and looking forward to the workout that night.

It's mellowed out a bit but after ten years I still think about it allot during any given day.

More Practice

Yes, it's hard to remember the English for it. The Japanese is more descriptive. Of course, now I'm in obsessive studying mode since I have my test coming up.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Hello,

I also share the same obsession for my training. It really is quite addictive. At least I am not the only one that constantly is thinking about different Kata and other aspects of training.

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa

Martial Arts are totally addictive for me. I couldnt imagine my life without them.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!