• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ki: I have a theory

I dont know where you got the first part of your information from, but let me just explain a couple of things as i see them (so IMHO):

there is a limited supply of energy in the universe (and by this i odnt mean it is running out)... and unless we're getting into zero point energy theory, which unless you have a physics degree adn phd is relatively pointless, the body does not produce enough energy to provide stimulus for many of the claimed effects of chi / qi / whatever.... if anyone cares for the numbers i am happy to post them here in the open forum [i.e. not by pm] but they are quite long [1.5 - 2 pages A4]; The energy the body produces and contains is actually [on scale] relatively low, also - the body provides no energetic mechanisms for transferring this energy in any way other than internally for homeostasis....

In response in general to your information - you make many factual [and true] statements, but do not relate them logically to qi, and state statistics without source.... Like i said im happy if you can provide statistics that diabets (type I or II) have reduced symptoms, that sounds great, but I'd like a statistic source, rather than analogous information.... I'm honestly trying to get a clearer view, not argue with anyone here, just trying to take a logical approach to it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the body does not produce enough energy to provide stimulus for many of the claimed effects of chi / qi / whatever

First I would like to hear your perception or thoughts regarding 'claimed effects'...

The energy the body produces and contains is actually [on scale] relatively low, also - the body provides no energetic mechanisms for transferring this energy in any way other than internally for homeostasis....

My theory, is that qi is directly related to blood flow, and or the bodily fluids involved during the homeostatis process.

There is often tingling involved, and or subtle feelings of heat or cold. Usually, the conscious mind has to be trained for this, since it is often the subconscious mind or process therein that guide the body toward healing and or attempting to balance itself, and so on.

I do my best to not break it (the concept of qi) down. Perhaps into functions, yes, but not as in empirical scientific methodology.

In my view, qi is not just bio-electricity. It may be in that process, but I would not want to limit it to just that. I believe some western scientist, or otherwise started stating such in order for qi to to be more acceptable to those who attempt to break things down into little compartments.

So far as the symptoms of diabetes, high blood pressure, those have been studied by numerous organizations who track the progress of people who practice the Taijiquan form, and stick to a specific diet. You can certainly find them by searching google or askjeeves, etc.

Here is a list of common references for you to look up:

1. Lan, C., Lai, J., & Wong, M. (1996). Cardiorespiratory function, flexibility, and body composition among geriatric Tai Chi Chuan practitioners. Archives of Physical and Medical Rehabilitation, 77, 612-616.

2. Lai, J., Lan, C., Wong, M., & Teng, J. (1995). Two-year trends in cardiorespiratory function among older Tai Chi Chuan practitioners and sedentary subjects. Journal of the American Geriatric Society, 43, 1222-1227.

3. Lan, C., Lai, J., Chen, S., & Wong, M. (1998). Twelve-month Tai Chi training in the elderly: Its effect on health fitness. Medical Science and Sports Exercise, 30(3), 345-351.

4. Channer, K.S., Barrow, D., Barrow, R., Osborne, M., & Ives, G. (1996). Changes in hemodynamic parameters following Tai Chi Chuan and aerobic exercise in patients recovering from acute myocardial infarction. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 72(848), 349-351.

5. Lan, C., Chen, S., & Wong, M. (1999). The effect of Tai Chi on cardiorespiratory function in patients with coronary artery bypass surgery. Medical Science and Sports Exercise, 31(5), 634-638.

6. Zhuo, D., Shephard, R., Plyley, M., & Davis, G. (1984). Cardiorespiratory and metabolic responses during Tai Chi Chuan exercise. Canadian Journal of Applied Sport Science, 9(1), 7-10.

7. Kirsteins, A., Dietz, F., & Hwang, S. (1991). Evaluating the safety and potential use of a weight-bearing exercise Tai Chi Chuan for rheumatoid arthritis patients. American Journal of Physical and Medical Rehabilitation, 70(3), 136-141.

8. Deusen, J., . (1987). The efficacy of the ROM dance program for adults with rheumatoid arthritis. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 41(2), 90-95.

9. Yan, J. (1999). Tai Chi practice reduces movement force variability for seniors. Journal of Gerontology, 54(12), M629-M634.

10. Province, M., & Hornbrook, M., . (1995). The effects of exercise on falls in elderly patients: A preplanned meta-analysis of the FICSIT trials. JAMA, 273(17), 1341-1347.

------------------------------

Here is a short pdf, regarding the effects of taijiquan and or qigong practice :

http://imyim.com/excursions/Qigong&Neurologic_Illness

---------------------------------

I know that Taijiquan and Qigong work, when done properly, and when a proper diet is in place, along with a balance in life all that it involves.

Here is another link to cancer.org, further explaining what I just said above:

Good luck on your own research of this topic. I will continue to check back in on this thread.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 1 month later...

In a sense it reminds me of reincarnation, because scince energy can never be created or destroyed after deatrh perhaps some peoples energy change into other forms. Like when you drop a ball the energy the ball once had transforms to not only elastic but sound and it's original energy as well, but are all just fractions of what the ball once had.

Is what your saying kind of like when one dies and their ki changes form and then can be found again in another person or being? Sorry if I'm not getting what your saying, but that's the way I took it.

everyone has fear, but it is when we let it overcome us that we lose

soft, hard, slow, fast components of kata

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree but my question is if you form a ki ball and make it freeze by stopping the energy will you loose control and your whole body become cold. or will it disapear from slowing up the energy?

e-mail:

one_with_fire_rusioka@yahoo.com

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• 10 months later...
actually... matter can be destroyed.... it can be turned into energy or combined with teh appropriate anti-matter to complete a high energy annihalation.

Energy isnt destroyed, it changes into something else.

"If instead of fighting with him you say to your enemy, "You have won" and bow before him, that is the biggest deed in the world."

acutally energy can be destroyed on a small level so long as information is conserved [see any paper on matter emmission from black holes] but thats just a side point ...

• 3 weeks later...

Can you destroy Love? I think Love is the motive force of consciousness, transmitting information using the medium of energy.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.