• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ki: I have a theory

Hi all,

I have a quick theory I want to run by you all. Please give me your opinions on it!

Let us, for the sake of the argument, accept that Ki exists. Consider this: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed but it can be translated into another form (for instance, electric enery to heat energy - physics). That makes the human body a battery of energy, because bodies are always warm to a degree (the alive and kicking ones, anyway), and heat can be translated to another form. But energy cannot be created or dissipated, so energy itself has to be transferred by heat, thus it must exist in heat.

Now the heat in one's body will allow the blood vessels to expand and allow better movement, strength and so forth. It can be transferred from one place to another by the transfer of heat. The abdomen, being the relative centre of the human body would then be the centre of the heat, as is the characteristic of any warm body, such as a burning ember or a light bulb.

This makes the practice of Ki or Qi Gong breathing exercises and other relating techniques that allow the blood to flow easier. Consider telepathy, as an absolute, also, as the method of 'transferring' Ki from one entity to another, say for instance to get another person to fall over or some other kiaijutsu-type technique.

What else would any of you like to add on this? Maybe you have a different theory?

Jurras

Shotokan black belt

Shotokan black belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly since we're talkign about energy on a real level and not a mystical one you may need to consider the following things:

Since you accept the 1st law of Thermodynamics: That heat is energy....

you may need to apply the 0th [zeroth] Law:

this is that assuming that the energy [as you suggest] in the body is constant..... irrelevant of the flow of energy; energy will only transfer between a higher concentratino to a lower concentration. Now assuming that i accept that you have free control over blood flow..... the reasons that you suggest that the abdomen is the center of this are actualyl wrong..... any HEATING body - any body in the state of thermodynamic change / flux - will have a core... however a WARM body does not necessarily have a core..... the body is generally considered to be a WARM body not a HEATING although its temperature does fluctuate.

Sam, thank you for your post and thank you for correcting me.

Body heat is produced primarily through the heart, liver, endocrine glands and the brain. The heat generated by metabolic activity and muscular contraction can far exceed the heat that these organs and glands produce. (See link) It would be fair to state that increased homeostasis (blood flow) would increase the muscle tension of a contraction, if such a contraction occurs (ie. tensing for brick-breaking). Now the primary controller for the management of bodyheat is located in the centre of the brain. This is a neural structure and is thus influenced by neural activity, such as thoughts. One example would be looking at a picture and the reaction that it envokes. Then why would thoughts not also influence this structure? Many Tibetan yogi's and others claim and demonstrate that they can adapt their body heat to extreme temperatures.

The abovementioned sides closely with telepathy, something of a rather controversial subject, as it hasn't been proven by science yet (although technology-assisted telepathy has). Quantum theory attempts to assist in proving it's existence. But history has many accounts of anomalous cognition, say between relatives, animals and those in need. Now I am looking at this from an objective view myself; decide for yourself whether or not it exists. And what about the power of suggestion, faith-acts (not considering religion now, as that would be inappropriate for this theorum and for the forum) and the fourth form in which heat can be transferred, namely radiation (through space and not contact, the other three being convection, conduction and evaporation)?

I would like to hear your (or anybody's) thoughts on these as considered possible explanations for the existence of what we understand under "Ki/Chi/Qi" if you don't agree with them, or if you would like to view your opinion or better yet, if you have a theory of your own.

Jurras

Shotokan black belt

Shotokan black belt

I dont have the facts to back me up and argue your theory, however Iam 97 percent sure that matter can be destroyed...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

lol ok then i was very very wrong, Ill be learning this next year so at least i wont go into the classroom with some of the other things i thought i was right on.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

actually... matter can be destroyed.... it can be turned into energy or combined with teh appropriate anti-matter to complete a high energy annihalation.

=----------------------------

OK telepathy itself cannot be ruled out as possible in all honesty... however the ability would not be trainable....

secondly - u refer to the hyperthalmus as the neural control of the body's temperature to help in homeostasis.... this doesnt create energy.... its just allows stored energy to be burned to heat the body through blood flow- i will not disagree about the tibetan Yogi - but the task of overcomign extreme temperatures would be unsustainable.

Thirdly - the ability to control ones' OVERALL body temperature is very different ability than to focus this into a high concentration area..... which would be necessary for any effect.... also remember teh body has no function to turn the THERMAL energy you refer to into anything usefull - so as far as physical projection goes this still doesnt help with an explanation.

all energy is mearly bioelecricity that varies in vibrations making it apear to be different energy, its not proven but thats a pretty good theory, at least i think so

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.