• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin Members

ivette_green

Where is Kazumi now ??? It makes me sad to know that one of the best kyokushin fighters ever has left kyokushinkai :(

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Kazumi left kyokushin , he left the organization and all that crap that goes on in Japan. In his soul he still bellongs to kyokushin , like many other great kyokushin fighters :Yamaki ,Kurosawa,Pettas , and everybody will remember them like kyokushin fighters. Kust because you dont belong to some organization does't mean that you are not kyokushin anymore , not the paper makes you what you are. I've been without organization allmost four years , and i felt actually better in a weird way. After a certain level doesn't really mather anyway , ranks , belts , organizations , what matters is your true progress and spiritual enlightment.

But that's just my 50 cent on this issue.

Osu !

Kazumi definitely left Kyokushin to start his own style which incorporates some grappling. If you google kazumi dojo you might find reference to his new organization. This isn't a recent development. Many of the great Kyokushin karateka, and some of the not-so-great, have struck out on their own. You can't stop someone from earning a living.

Kyospirit, there's the business/political side of Kyokushin and there's the karate side. Like you, I agree that once a kyokushin karateka, always a kyokushin karateka, no matter what the patch on your dogi says. The business/political side of Kyokushin has a different perspective on what Kyokushin means.

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to you from Melbourne Australia and I've been doing Kyokushin for just under a year now. I can't believe I didn't know about it before then but I'm pretty much hooked!

Training flat out at present for a competition in August where I'll be fighting over three rounds in the ring vs either kung fu or karate under Kyokushin rules. It's my 3rd fight and I'm really looking foreward to getting stuck into em!

Keep punching guys...OSU!

"Let's Get It On!!!"

I suppose if you're gping to be facing off against someone with grappling skills, then you might find the need to augment your training with grappling. For most self-defense applications, more punching and boxing training with headgear should be sufficient. I'm not advocating going the BJJ route, unless you're a grappler at heart. If you're primarily a striker I think the Daidojuku route is the best approach.

What exactly do you mean by grappling? If you have access to any of Sosai Mas Oyama's books, especially Advanced Karate then if you study it and train what is in it or have access to an instructor who really knows the essence of Kyokushin then you really don't need to go else where to get your grappiling skills. I guess you could always go to Hawaii and train with Shihan Bobby Lowe, beleive me, you will learn all the grappiling you need.

OSU

I'm not so confident that Kyokushin is the swiss army knife of karate. The limited grappling skills you might pick up occassionally in a kyokushin dojo, can't compare to what a judoka, wrestler,jj stylist do on the mat day to day.

I saw Shihan Bobby Lowe break a river rock while standing on a couple dozen raw eggs. It was impressive, if not a little bit messy.

Osu.