• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin Members

ivette_green

I've been away from the boards for a while and now there seem to be kyokushin members that I've never seen before. Could I have a round of introductions? Where are you all from? How long have you been training?

Thanks!

"Don't tell me what I can't do."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all :) .

I live in Lebanon , 22 years old . I am training in kyokushin for 8 years now ( IKO3 ) and i am nidan .

thats me , what about you ivette ??

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I am a kyokushin karateka as well. I have been praticing it for quite a time. I know there is one uniqueness about "Japanese" Karate clubs-------push-ups are done by fists. Is that what you guys do as well?

the foundation of all my martial arts training is from kyokushin. started training till i was about 8, stopped when i was about 13. was a shodan before i had left. after 3 tests for shodan. now at 26, have been studying kenpo karate for the past year & a half and became shodan in that this past febuary.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

10th Kyu(Godwilling, 8th by end of week) here, also, pushups here depend on grading, whites usually do them regular, I and some others do them with my knuckles, and from 2ndkyu onwards, on 2 fingers.

10th Kyu(Godwilling, 8th by end of week) here, also, pushups here depend on grading, whites usually do them regular, I and some others do them with my knuckles, and from 2ndkyu onwards, on 2 fingers.

In my dojo , green belts ( plus ) are never allowed to do them regular , however , it depends on sensei's mood :P . Sometimes we do them with knuckles , 5 fingers , 3 fingers or even 1 finger .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

In my dojo adults are only allowed to do Knuckle push ups. They're not that good, as they make it easier on the wrists. Thus meaning you don't work as hard. Although it can condition the knuckles.

Don't understand how knuckle push-ups make it easier on the wrists. If anything, it places greater emphasis on stabilizing the wrist by tightening up your fist and forearms. You'd want this extra stability when hitting a heavy bag or your opponent right? How do adults do push-ups in your dojo?

back to original topic. Kyokushin, 5-6 yrs.

How do adults do push-ups in your dojo?

All the adults in my dojo do Knuckle push ups. I think your right about the knuckle push ups. I based my information on a diffrent post. But further research on google has disproved the statement.