• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High kicks

NoFear1725681471

I honestly don't think the only reason people don't do more high kicks is because they can't be bothered. I think they are far too risky and never really work! I've had them tried on me but they are too easy to spot miles off.

I'm guessing you had them done by people who weren't great at them to begin with. I agree that they can be risky, but when timed right, they are great. you even seem more in events like k-1 and in mma now. Did you catch ufc 53? one guy threw a jumping knee AND a jumping roundhouse. He ended up winning the match off of a spinning back kick. In my last fight, I kicked my opponent in the head. In sparring this past weekend, I got kicked in the head. It's all in the timing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to know what's funny?

I got into a fight with a fat boy in middle school. I ran like 10 steps and did a jump kick on his chest.

He remained standing.........looked at his cheat........looked at me..........no harm done.

I turned around and ran. hahahaa.

the more mass a person has than you, the harder time you will have dropping him - this is why there are weight classes in organized fights. Matter of factly, the guy I mention above, whom I kicked in the head in my last fight, outweighed me by like 80 lbs. consequently, it was extremely hard to drop him.

I have always been told we train to kick high, so when it counts and your tired its still above the knee. But experianced poeple can do high kicks and as has been said its all about timing.

regards maki

We are necessarily imperfect and therefore always in a state of growth,

We can always learn more and therefore perform better.

i have a friend that can use high kicks very effectivly with little risk....sometimes a persons body type can also decide wether thell be able to effectivly pull off a high kick, just to point out...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

i have a friend that can use high kicks very effectivly with little risk....sometimes a persons body type can also decide wether thell be able to effectivly pull off a high kick, just to point out...

OK I not so sure to put this after the fat boy remark above but, I am 6 feet tall and weigh 17.5 stone, I can usually get away with a mawashi geri to the head at least the first time I spar a new person as they look at me and pre judge, they dont know about my daily stretching so usually look totally shocked :o

regards maki

We are necessarily imperfect and therefore always in a state of growth,

We can always learn more and therefore perform better.