NoFear1725681471

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

course there can... go to a local dojang for TKD that has some tough training methods and ask someone to kick you in the head, lol....

its probably moving forward so has the entire body weight at speed behind it... personally id duck rather than experience the blow to the head.... but iagree its rather impractical.

Yeah, we've done a few jumping kicks. We've been taught that if you get hit by by one, then you deserve what you get. The moves are incredibly telegraphed. The power is there, but the price is too great.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

We were always taught that flying kicks like that were quite effective for combat with someone mounted on a horse .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

not my cup of T at all,

however I had kick like this land on me when I was training once, i was very knackered and it came out of the blue, hit me square in the chest. I was at a freestyle club and came from traditional background, it hurt like hell but I didnt go down.

yep they can work, yep they have power. would I bother training in them, not a chance.

Yours in karate

Jim Neeter

https://www.shoshinkanuk.org

This reminds me of a "Flying Sidekick Encounter" I had in High school.

There was this group of wrestlers that thought the martial arts is what they had seen in movies. One of them started running at me from maybe 12 feet out and jumped into the air, executing a sloppier version of what you see on page one. I took a step back as the kick came in and grabbed the ankle and knee of his kicking leg. Before he had a chance to put his other foot down, I stepped back again and pushed downward on his knee while lifting on his ankle. This sent him into a swinging motion, head first along the floor. Luckily, we were in a room covered in 5 inch wrestling mats, so he wasn't hurt.

To this day, I still don't know were that came from.... I think I saw it on Batman or something :brow:

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War

it was an extremly hard kick, but hit me full in the chest so it didnt realy hit anywhere to vunerable ( i was seriously fit and strong at the time as well). In fairness it wasnt a 'run' up type, he just jumped straight up and wallop !

if it had landed in the face I would have been floored for sure.

I must stress though this was after about 2 hours hard training, at a new club for the first time that was very 'liberal' with technique. He paid for it after with some good old fasion sweep to turn and reverse punches into the kidneys......................... !

However that bloke could land that kick in the street against an unsuspecting attacker, for sure, he was a superb athlete and extremly skilled in kicking.

Yours in karate

Jim Neeter

https://www.shoshinkanuk.org