• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High kicks

NoFear1725681471

Yea but in general i dont think the average person (someone not as skilled as that guy) would be able to make that kick practical, however i think some could and a little luck of course,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best place to practice it is in the swimming pool ! that where I did a few many years ago ! yes it does feel very strong and if it hits something it will for sure cause considerable damage but as someone else mentioned the risks are too much . :brow:

never give up !

not too much - just too much for commno use.... there are times when it would be ok to use them

Any examples?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

idk... maybe if your against the wall and you can get a push from it? your wouldnt need to make a run then.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

i dont understand why ppl jump quickly to say high kicks in general (w/ or w/o jumping) are bad in real scenarios. time properly they can be devastating.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

Exactly - high kicks can quickly end a fight.... there have been a couple of examples in the UFC of this..... ill leave that to people that know it better than me to list the fights.