• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High kicks

NoFear1725681471

http://sauliai.tinklapiai.lt/ore-vi.jpg

Does anyone know how to make such a high kicks ??? Or how to practise to make like this ? :karate:

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice"

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that kick isnt actualyl massively difficult, just work on building explosive power from the legs..... judging by his postiion in the picture he took quite a fast run up to this [2 steps is quite normal].

Practice lots of jump kicking on surfaces your not afraid to fall on :D

Good height , but if u think u will be able to use it anywhere else but the dojo ... think again :)

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

I got mine high like that with a ton of stretching, leg exercise and training in front of a mirror. For hte training, I would just stand in front of the mirror (after a good stretch) and begin jumping straight up (lifting from the balls of the feet to feel the calves working). I would do that for about a 1/2 hour a day. After the height was getting descent, I would start doing it with 1 or steps. It takes time and patience.

If you look at the photo, I would estimate the knot of his belt at 5 feet off the ground or so. (You can mark that point on your mirror with some tape and use it as a goal for getting the knot of your belt up to)

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

lol some TKD guy tried to pull that on me, I just kicked him while he was in the air.

Ha ha ha! That's great. Kicks like that are great for forms, but not very realistic. I am dying for someone to pul something like that on me.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

That kick is not hard to learn and impractical . And it was taken from a low place ( the photographer was sitting .. ) therefore it seems to be very high

I tried to use that kick once and what my opponent did is simply step back , I felt to the ground . Lucky for me it wasn't a real situation

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I can't see any use with this kick ,but in the beginning of my karate I thought this was the ultimate ! I think the double maie geri jumping kick in kankodaie is much more effective than this tobigeri ,this is only good for camera ! :D

never give up !

I can't see any use with this kick ,but in the beginning of my karate I thought this was the ultimate ! I think the double maie geri jumping kick in kankodaie is much more effective than this tobigeri ,this is only good for camera ! :D

i agree. though, it looks real good, in all my years of training & sparring & real fights, never once have i pulled this on anybody nor has it been done with me. double maie geri seems like a more practical choice. in a fight, my objective is to be the one standing at the end regardless of how "pretty" i look.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

I used to think it was the ultimate also, seeing everywhere and thinking that it would actually work. I now feel being on the ground(i dont mean grappling but keeping your feet firm on the ground) is much more useful and fast and powerful. But that I guess you could say is a biased opinion since I take shotokan...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn