• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ways to beat someone bigger

for the average person out there, u dont need a fancy technique that will help you win the fight, just dont rely on one movement: if u kick the groin, knee or elbow the face/ if you scratch,punch also/ etc... just keep going until the agression is over and then get away as fast as u can

now if you have the bad luck of meeting another martial artist that wants to fight you on the street, more strength, cunning and precision will be required. but dont rely on just one technique, and if you do, see if u can adapt it to more than one scenario.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay fair enough cause I've never got into a proper fight with a guy (expect wih my brothers, and they always lose. whhahahaha) (evil me)

Anyway, that makes sense and i also understand that maybe MA have disabling or one hit KO techniques. In aikido, we're thought to disarm disable and make them submit. Unless the situation the situation calls for it, then we're to use one hit KO techniques.

Anyway, these techniques are only thought in the very advanced level of most MAs, at least it is so for aikido.

So do guys often use one hit KO techniques in a real fight. I'm not saying kill techniques. Forget the tournament, focus in the fight.

Guys out there pls comment.

The problem with "one hit KO" techniques is that you will likely NEVER pull them off. I mean, anything is possible, but 98% of the time it won't happen unless you completely blindside the guy so he never knew it was coming. just train to finish the fight effectively. you don't necessarily have to KO him, just do enough to him that you can get away. On my second job (bouncer) we are not allowed to strike, although we can get away with it if it's a life or death situation. Consequently, most all of my fights are "won" merely by restraining them long enough to get them out or throwing them to the ground, stunning them long enough to restrain them. On occasion, I use submissions I've learned in bjj to restrain them until someone can come and handcuff them - it all depends on the situation.

The problem with "one hit KO" techniques is that you will likely NEVER pull them off. I mean, anything is possible, but 98% of the time it won't happen unless you completely blindside the guy so he never knew it was coming. just train to finish the fight effectively. you don't necessarily have to KO him, just do enough to him that you can get away.

I agree. It's very hard to one-shot someone without the element of surprise or luck. It is indeed a myth that most fights end very quickly, rather, a real streetfight is an ugly drawn out spectacle that rarely fits into the dojo model of a true combat situation.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 1 month later...

having done a year's worth of jiu jistu, i have figured out how to beat someone bigger. simply get better at jiu jistu,lol, and the rest will come.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.