• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ways to beat someone bigger

When it comes to grappling I feel most comfortable on my back because you are using less energy and the blood flow is my flush. you don't have to really worry about getting tapped out on the bottom mount because you only let them take what you give them.

While I am also more comfortable fighting off my back, I seriously disagree with not having to worry about getting tapped out when in the bottom mount. Bottom mount is one of the worst places to be caught in a fight, be it a grappling match or an actual fight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

low kicks(stomach)should keep them off of you. Also, look for submissions you can use to take an attacker to the ground without you having to go to the ground with them.(using Jujitsu to counter their grabs-specially around the neck area- is very effective).

If they are stronger than you and they know bjj dont try to go to the ground with them, or they will dominate you with strength alone.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

pyush up on them it doesnt matter how big they are there going to move. and if that fails just tire them out.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 6 months later...
just kick their groin... its not pleasant to be grabbed by a guy everywhere.

that is very overrated - don't rely on it. in the heat and high stress of a fight, you often don't realize you were kicked there until the fight is over. I had the same experience. I didn't feel it till the fight was over. Also, as a general rule, pain compliance is NEVER the proper answer. pain is tolerable. People can and will fight trough pain. This is basic training for any ring fighter. you have to stop them, not make them comply through pain. This is why a lot of grapplers laigh at pressure points. They are used to pain and many pressure points are nothing more than nuissances. a nuissance can be tolerated; unconsciousness or a broken limb cannot.

When it comes to grappling I feel most comfortable on my back because you are using less energy and the blood flow is my flush. you don't have to really worry about getting tapped out on the bottom mount because you only let them take what you give them. When starting from the top position you want to go ahead and let them take you to the ground, but only on your terms. when they go to lock up jump up in the air and wrap your legs around his waist and yank back so you are now in the full guard. I have a book on submissions that I bought online at barnes and noble.com and this book is what you need to learn the defense to the stronger opponent. The name of the book that you should check out is no holds barred fighting by Mark Hatmaker and Doug werner. these holds doesn't matter if your big or small if you have the speed you can take anyone. thats what BJJ is all about! Leverage use some judo throws that work on the basis that the shorter you are the more you can throw bigger opponents easier. Show check it out and remember Royce Gracie He won almost all his matches from the full guard position. just cause your the one thats on the bottom doesn't mean your meant to lose. apply yourself and your skills and you will come out on top even from the bottom.........Later

That is a VERY dangerous stratregy to use these days. Sure, it worked for royce 12 years ago, because nobody knew what the guard was, so they didn't know how to escape it, how to prevent getting tapped from there, etc. Today, this is common knowledge. Being on the bottom is fine, but I wouldn't base a strategy around being there.

that is very overrated - don't rely on it. in the heat and high stress of a fight, you often don't realize you were kicked there until the fight is over. I had the same experience. I didn't feel it till the fight was over. Also, as a general rule, pain compliance is NEVER the proper answer. pain is tolerable. People can and will fight trough pain. This is basic training for any ring fighter. you have to stop them, not make them comply through pain. This is why a lot of grapplers laigh at pressure points. They are used to pain and many pressure points are nothing more than nuissances. a nuissance can be tolerated; unconsciousness or a broken limb cannot.

Okay fair enough cause I've never got into a proper fight with a guy (expect wih my brothers, and they always lose. whhahahaha) (evil me)

Anyway, that makes sense and i also understand that maybe MA have disabling or one hit KO techniques. In aikido, we're thought to disarm disable and make them submit. Unless the situation the situation calls for it, then we're to use one hit KO techniques.

Anyway, these techniques are only thought in the very advanced level of most MAs, at least it is so for aikido.

So do guys often use one hit KO techniques in a real fight. I'm not saying kill techniques. Forget the tournament, focus in the fight.

Guys out there pls comment.

----------------------------

Kasumi - Aikido Shodan

----------------------------