• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

could you guys please tell me what ninjitsu is? like the techniques , more kicking, punhing, grabbing etc.. and also Im probably making a fool of my self but, is ninjitsu like actual NINJA guys you know with the sleek black out fit do they actually learn stealth techniques?

"Who Dares, Wins"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far out as it sounds ninjitsu is what the ninjas used. Today i think in tradition ninjitsu schools there taught about the same way. And i know many of the techniques rervolve around one hit one kill. i hope that helps.

Don't block with your face.

--Soo Bahk

Search Soke Hatsumi or the Bujinkan on google. There's information about Ninjutsu there.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Ninjutsu is now known as Budo Taijutsu, unless they changed the name again. It's basically a Jujutsu branch, they use joint breaking, standup grappling, striking, and weapons primarily.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

We have ground fighting as well you know.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

When I was examining it, the groundfighting content was pretty minimal. While not absent, it was mentioned slightly less often than punches are described in Capoeira. Obviously that was pre-Gracie, but all I recall seeing about groundfighting was that it was a place one wanted to never find themselves in.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

i dont think there's any sparring or anything like that is there?

I would asume so, just depends on the school.

I find(even though I dont take, so my word isnt very valid here) ninjitsu very fluent and using a whole whack of moves to pretty much dismantle an enemy. I spared agasint a guy who took it, he didn't try one hit one kill(maybe bacause he didn't want to kill me but) but used to get close and manipulate me, very hard to spar agasint. I can see why it would be so effective.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Basically, the modern form of ninjutsu (As people have noted) is bujinkan taijutsu. As with anything that has jutsu in the name :D, there is a lot of joint locks, ground fighting and grappling type things in it, as well as weapons and striking.

Basically, the modern guru, Sensei Hatsumi took a lot of the different "schools" of ninjutsu that existed, and collated them into one art. Each year, they emphasize a different type of their curriculum. I went to some introductory classes at a school near me, and I saw a lot of roots with judo, aikido and jiujitsu, with a very big emphasis on flow and fluidity in movements.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player