• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any shaolin Kempo people out there?

Adonis

Sorry, he is punching with the right hand. I am stepping to my left and doing an outward parry to my right. That way, when you trap his right arm, you are on the outside of him. You are using your left palm to snap the elbow (you are holding his right arm now with your right arm at his wrist), then driving that palm from his elbow straight to his face/chin/ear (which ever is available at the time), then side kicking the rib cage underneath his armpit.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was doing that combo I would do it like they taught in tthe chool but at home or with a traing partner working outside of the dojo. I would change it. Probably I may palm the elbow as I pull the other hand to me angeing or roating my body to get weight to the palm. as contact is made with the palm I keep pressure on the elobow rotating it so the palm is of the hand is facing down and I roated the attackers arm by rotating with applied pressure of the heand againt the elbow same time keeping the wrist I am grabing close to my body turning it up same time i put pressure on the elobw joint with the other hand.

I think apply pressure with the push/pull concept you see in karate or shaolin kenpo. one hand goes out other comes back mentality. were I am pulling on the wrist back and up as I roated the wrist. same time I roate the elbow or arm with the help of the palm strike that is now facking down. I put pressure going down sightly forwards or back depending on how I want to lower the posture of the opponent. then palm the face and kick to the ribs because they are lower and y ou don't have to kick high be same high almost as kicking the knee or upper thigh.

I hope that all made since.

Or I would change it by doing the same parry and trap move. as I am pulling on the wrist. turning or touring the hand and pulling same time helps with the move I pull it close to my body and with the other arm instead of using the palm to breas the elbow I use the for arm as it conects the motion doest stop I keep going till I palm the face and then side kick the knee.

either way I don't like the technique I don't blame you for not liking it either.

As I trap the arm, I grab the two wrist pressure points with my right hand (over the top) and invert their arm. Then, using my palm, I push their hand into their forearm while pulling slightly upward and using the left hand to hold the elbow and lock.

Would look a little like this:

http://www.yorkjitsu.org/graphics/locks/wrist3_3.jpg

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com