Adonis

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't eveyone who does Shaolin Kempo from the Villari lineage (even if they don't admit to it)? :)

Seriously though, I'd be happy to discuss anything about SKK. How long have your been studying? Where do you study?

I know up to 1st dan. I trained with Jerry shaw who was under keven cincata (sp?) back in Maine.

Not sure some times I hear villari was broke of of Nick cerio.

How long hae you been studying? does your instructor explian the theories behind each form or kata. as far as the concepts he wants you to get out of them?

for shaolin Kempo the forms were based of of shotokan pinions which was off of the shorin ryu pinons. So the ideas were not as clear. since I don't think villari or cerio taught the ideas behind them comapred to those of matsumura linage.

Same as where the forms from Kata 1-5 and statude of the crane forms come from?

Unknown to me.

Yes, Villaries is a branch off of Nick Cerio. At Villaries, I trained under Dave Shirley (in Connecticut) and I hear he is very high up now in rank.

I don't get much of the history from my instructor, but I do have all the Villarie DVDs from white to black and I think they have the theories in there. I need to start watching them.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

Yeah its hard because either the instructor has to figure out some theories to put there or reasearch on where cerio took these forms from and look for the concepts and theories there.

Or if you trained enough on diffrent stuff you can add your own ideas.

drunken master or octopic. You guys have any particular forms you like.

I like Pinion 1 because its simple form. Allows me more time to disasect each move and how many diffrent things/ways it can be applied for.

statue of the crane can be fun at times but I feel stupid or fruity looking doing some of those hopping parts.

Statue of the Crane is one of my favorites.

I also really like Shaolin Long Fist and Shodan Qua (sp?) (2nd Dan form). I just picked up Inglise (I believe it is a 3rd degree form ) which is very nice as well!

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

some good concepts in statue of the crane I still fill its goofy but you may do it diffrent then how I was taught. I seen diffrent instructors in the villari's linage or break offs do it a little bit diffrently.

What ideas or concepts did you get out of those forms you mentioned?

Inglise has many quick movements and angles of attack. So I get moving quickly on my feet. Also, it does a wonderful foot-sweep off a spinning hook kick. That in and of itself is a beautiful thing!

Shodan Qua has several block/punch combinations in it. Something good to have rather than block/counter.

Shaolin Long Fist is just damned pretty!

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo