• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Gathering Pictures

Patrick

I had a mountain goat give me the look over at Glacier Park when I was there. He started to saunter on towards me at which point I decided discretion was the better part of valor and gave him the right of way. He didn't mind me taking pictures, so it turned out alright.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sauzin-

What are the stipes on your belt for? What do they signify? Just curious :D

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Take a wild guess. [insert whatever smiley you wish here]

Are they dan marks, time trained, length away from next test, number of tournaments participated in, number of tournaments won? Okay, just a joke.

We only have our names and school name written on our black belts (in Kanji and katakana). We don't put ranks on our black belts at all, in fact, I think my sensei still wears his (very beat up) shodan belt.

I'm assuming they are for ranks, but I've never seen belts that have rank marked on them or on both sides of the belt.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

You are correct. They are the number of people he's killed with his little finger. As a matter of fact, we were walking down the street in Montana in broad daylight when these three swarthy looking individuals wearing leisure suits (don't ask) accosted us and demanded all of our lunch money. I thought all hopes of eating Sloppy Joe's at Bill's Greasy Spoon were done for until Sauzin whipped out his finger and killed them all instantly. If I remember correctly, he pulled the moves straight out of Pinan Shodan. It was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

and the scary part is, the belt is marked on both ends to represent left and right hands, and on both sides to represent hands and feet. Sauzin, being the sensible chap that he is, likes to train evenly so he has managed the exact same number of kills with his left and right little finger as well as his left and right little toe.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

You are correct. They are the number of people he's killed with his little finger. As a matter of fact, we were walking down the street in Montana in broad daylight when these three swarthy looking individuals wearing leisure suits (don't ask) accosted us and demanded all of our lunch money. I thought all hopes of eating Sloppy Joe's at Bill's Greasy Spoon were done for .......

Hey now...yuou can mock Sauzin all you want to guys :brow: , but lets not mock Montana folk...K? We're simple people up here, but well armed ones. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 1 month later...