aikido a grappling art?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I've noticed some of the people where I train don't work well if I'm actually using force

Are these people blackbelts or begginers.

begginers and one brown belt
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Well then... beginners will obviously have a problem. As to the brown belt, well not all practitioners are qualified to wear the belt they've received.

The reason for my above statements is that if you attempted to utilize force, it should have easily be converted to energy being used against you. To have 'difficulty' with someone using force means they have not grasped the fundamentals of aikido.

As to whether it would work, picture perfect, of course not. As forms do not directly translate into action in a confrontation, aikido practices as well do not. They exist for the same reasons forms, or katas, do... to ensure you grasp the principles underlying the actions that are repeated, ad nauseum.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Again, I've never trained in aikido. Just thought I'd make sure that was clear.

The only ground techniques I've seen in aikido were the finishing 'pins' that are done after ikkyo/ikkajo etc. and suwari-waza, which are done when both people are on their knees facing eachother. Are there any aikido techniques for escaping pins commonly seen in other grappling styles?

There are Aikido techniques for when, or I should say 'if", you end up on your back with the person in the "mount" position. They are actually similar to jiu-jitsu techniques, not exactly, but the same in principle.... but like everything else in Aikido, you are using your opponents force against them.

If you're reaching for the stars, don't be satisfied with touching the ceiling.

There are Aikido techniques for when, or I should say 'if", you end up on your back with the person in the "mount" position. They are actually similar to jiu-jitsu techniques, not exactly, but the same in principle.... but like everything else in Aikido, you are using your opponents force against them.
that's what i wanted to know all this time,thank you.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Can you name a style that emphasises going out of your way to fight force with force?

Can you name a style that emphasises going out of your way to fight force with force?

I thought aikido wasn't about usining force against force?