• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how often?

darkness

I do several kinds of training for my martial arts. Once or twice a week a do an hour and a half of Yoga to relax the mind and body. Two hours a week I train with contact sparring/grappling. Basics (at the dojo) are three times a week (about 20 mins each time) and I also do 20 mins of basics on the heavy bag at home every other night. I go through my forms 3 or 4 times a week (I have 20 forms, so it takes time). I also train with a weapon at least once a week (nunchakus, sword, bo, etc).

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

class on monday and friday 630-9

cardio every 30 min 6 days a week

lift weights on my own 4 daysa week usually an hour

practice kata, kicking drills bag work 5 times a week outside of class for an hour a time

overall, id say close to 20 hours a week on with ev3erything. however, i hope to be testing for Shodan in a few months.

so have been training harder than usual. between that and working full time, i'm pooped by the end of the day. my wiife is in nursing school so she's studyung for some sort of test while i work out. i dont think i'd have this kind of time once we start having kids.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

About 10 hours a week.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

i train for 2 hours 4 days a week inside the dojo and about 3 hours 3 days a week outside.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

at the dojo, we train 3 times a week for 2 hrs, streching included. however, i always practice kata or other techniques on my own but i dont know how much time i spend on that.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

I train for a minimum of 3 hours. I also assist in instruction of youth, and, like today, when there is an odd number, I train with them for sparring and partner drills. I have 3 hours of my regular (adult) class and 2-4 of youth instruction

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."