• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loseing a fight to a girl.

Pogo

Point sparing.

She just kept pumping her side kick

Blocking and sidestepping is usually a good thing to do.:D

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...

In closing Sir...

The only proper thing for you to do...

Is to THANK her for revealing some of your weaknesses, and express APPRECIATION to her for doing so, because it will help you become a better martial artist.

NEVER 'badmouth' another martial artist...

Remember that while rank MAY allow you 'some minor' privilege... it DEMANDS GREAT RESPONSIBILITY of you...

The responsibility is GREATER than the privilege... and a RESPONSIBLE senior ranking martial artist, NEVER fails to show FULL respect, to not only their seniors, instructors and other leaders... BUT ALSO TO THOSE FOLKS, who are their martial arts JUNIORS.

That's right... if you're a black belt... you show RESPECT to even the newest white belt.

Calling a martial artist that whups you 'lazy', to me... is an act of very sad disrespect...

THINKING for even a MOMENT, that getting beat by a 'lower rank', is grounds to feel 'belittled' or 'embarassed'... to a point where you feel justified in trying to 'belittle' them? THAT is RIDICULOUS!

What you should feel less than thrilled about... is YOUR PERFORMANCE...

BUT... you should feel ELATED that SHE did well... beating you, might very well have been a highlight in her martial arts career! She might very well ADMIRE you... and might take beating you, as a sign that 'HARD WORK CAN PAY OFF', and that 'SHE "CAN" accomplish her dreams.'

A wise high ranking black belt once told me this, when I was a kid... I'll now share it with you...

"The student with ONE thing they do GREAT... is more formidable, an a student who does 100 things 'so so'..."

That simple side kick, from a 'lazy' classmate... sure upset YOUR apple cart, didn't it??

My goodness... can you NOT see the OPPORTUNITY to better yourself here? Can you not see the BEAUTY within your defeat??

Cherish your own accomplishments...

CHERISH THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OTHERS... EVEN if it means THEY beat YOU... in fact.. if they beat YOU... CHERISH THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENT MORE.

Use defeat as an OPPORTUNITY to see where you are WEAK... so you can make yourself BETTER.

THANK YOUR OPPONENT, and RESPECT THEM WELL for HELPING YOU TO LEARN AND BECOME BETTER.

THAT is the job of your classmate or tournament opponent.

To challenge you... to help you learn to be better.

Just remember too... this bit of wisdom...

"The Master of Taekwondo knows... that they can always learn something new... even from the youngest white belt..."

Attend to your learning... and don't forget to show proper respect and gratitude to your fellow students. (even if they also are your opponent from time to time).

After all... without classmates and opponents... the journey of martial art would be a very lonely one... AND... it would be a lot less worth making the journey too, if we had to go it alone without fellow students.

Take care,

Paul

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.

you'll only get better, in fight (sparring or otherwise) anything can happen

sounds alittle like you underestimated alittle

There is no teacher but the enemy.

sence i do mostly full contact and grappling i really dont get the chance to spar ladies but as as much as i practice and as hard as i work i dont really think loseing to a lady is that big of a deal there are some pretty tough chicks out there if she beat you thats your problem you did something wrong and you should be disapoited in your self every time you lose regaurdless of who you lose to.

Fist visible Strike invisible