• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loseing a fight to a girl.

Pogo

Maybe in WKF rules kumite women can be better than men since it is more of a speed and reflects sparring, but when sparring with full contact men are a lot better than women, I have never seen a woman beating man in Boogutsukikumite.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fairly touchy topic, and should be approached very carefully. Men and women have different talents, and lose to each other all the time. Sex shouldn't be a factor in martial arts; skill should.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

you didnt lose to a girl. you lost to a better sparring fighter.

why does it matter that she was a girl? didnt you get slapped by your mom when you were a kid? :D

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

If she is a cool girl , i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to loose to her , lol ..

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Girls always kick boys rear ends in sparring. They usually separate boys and girls at tournaments, but at every tournament I've been to that they didn't do that, the only boy-girl matches I saw, the girls won.

i'd have to dissagree with that. the reason you might see only girls winning every time is because the boys are uncomfortable about hitting the opposite sex. in teen matches, yes it is more common for the girls to win than the boys because of those awkward hormone problems/ problems with confidence. if a boy can convince himself that the girl is aware of the risk involved with sparring, he can overcome that problem. as for me, i have only lost one match and that was to someone twice me size :o . maybe im just too competitive, i dont know. maybe its just a matter of skill, but this can alter their performance. a boy must be karate minded in all aspects of his mind during competition to truly remove the handicap. theres my 2 cents.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

UGH. Why should getting beaten by a girl be different from losing to some guy with similar skills? She is training to be able to beat you, not to stand around and giggle cutely while waiting for you to knock her out with your club and drag her to a cave to crank out babies. GET OVER IT.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

When I started out I got beat by a girl, but as with getting beaten by a man I took from it what I could changed some things and went right back out there and perfected what I did wrong. If your style allows groin kicks and she is just going to hang her leg out there then sidestep (as was mentioned before by someone) and give her a good ol cup check. If nothing else make her miss a bit more and wait for your opportunity to strike you don't have to agree with her and fight every time she comes in. I dunno I am just rambeling now, learn and have fun thats what you should do....

"It's not whos right, but whos left!"

LOL, the hardest I ever got kicked in the head was by a girl several years younger than myself. Know what I did? I kicked her right back!

Seriously, you spar someone and gender isn't a factor. Haveing said that though, lets have a round of applause for the ladies!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare