• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best Karate movie

WOW, PBI, It's first time that I see a fellow Shindo Jinen Ryu practioner here. And that Ninho Karate do Ryu Bu Kai logo, I got one too. haha. Just want to say hi.

Hey kzshin,

I wonder if we've ever met - I was in Anaheim last year (unfortunately not this year) at Yamazaki Sensei's annal JKR International Tournament...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ong Bak is anything but Karate, it's still good, but not Karate.

Fighter in the wind is very good, yes.

I fully, totally, completely realize that. Which is why I called "Ong Bak" a "martial arts movie" and not a "karate movie," as I did with "Fighter in the Wind." Sheesh. :P

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

You're right, Van Damme did Shotokan. In this case I'd have to say, many of Van Damme's movies, Sonny Chiba's the street fighter series, the best of the best movies and Karate Kid (must admit although cheesy it's classic)

• 2 weeks later...

great ive only seen the first and second karate kid movie once along time ago so what stlye does the main character specificly take?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I'm not sure but in the movie it's supposed to be wado ryu(again not sure),but like I have said before on other forums,I heard the coreographer taught them tang soo do

If your talking about the Karate Kid movie, the style is "Goju Ryu". Mr. Miyagi is supposed to be a descendent of the founder of Goju Ryu, Chojun Miyagi.

In the second movie, Miyagi's old friend/enemy, Sato, actually wears a Goju Ryu patch.

I'm not sure but in the movie it's supposed to be wado ryu(again not sure),but like I have said before on other forums,I heard the coreographer taught them tang soo do

If your talking about the Karate Kid movie, the style is "Goju Ryu". Mr. Miyagi is supposed to be a descendent of the founder of Goju Ryu, Chojun Miyagi.

In the second movie, Miyagi's old friend/enemy, Sato, actually wears a Goju Ryu patch.

ahhhhhhhhh, I feel like such a dummy! And I just recently saw part 2. No wonder that I recognized that on Sato and his nephew
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu