• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best Karate movie

Ong Bok looked awesome...never got to see it, though.

The best martial arts movie I've seen was Shanghai Knights, but only because it was funny. As a general rule, martial arts movies *cough* suck.

Oh, good example: That one with VanDummb and his four split kick in a row thing against some big Malaysian? guy in a little 'underground' fight ring. He makes me mad..."Look, I can do the splits...I must be a great karate master..."

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, PBI, It's first time that I see a fellow Shindo Jinen Ryu practioner here. And that Ninho Karate do Ryu Bu Kai logo, I got one too. haha. Just want to say hi.

Best karate movie?? hmm..... honestly, I dunno any recent made karate movies are good, but ONG BAK is must see.

My favourite karate movie is the first Karate Kid. The fighting isn't spectacular but the philosophical side of it is great. I think it shows what karate is supposed to be about.

Warai Wa Satori = Laughter is Enlightenment

Ikari Wa Muchi = Anger is Ignorance

Naku Wa Shugyo = To Cry is to Train

Sosai Mas Oyama

My favourite karate movie is the first Karate Kid. The fighting isn't spectacular but the philosophical side of it is great. I think it shows what karate is supposed to be about.

Lol.. i always figured the karate kid as " shotokan - wado ryu " karateka , and the cobra kai dude as " kyokushin " karateka

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

There are some dojo's in Kyokushin that I've encountered that reminded me of the cobra kai, but I've also encountered a lot of kyokushin dojo's that are not. I know that my Sensei firmly agrees with Mr. Miyagi's view of things, as much as one can agree with a fictional character anyway.

To generalize that kyokushin karate-ka are like the cobra kai isn't exactly a fair thing to do. It varies with the student, the teacher, the dojo and the style. You get cobrai kai everywhere just like you also get "Karate Kids" everywhere and in every style.

Warai Wa Satori = Laughter is Enlightenment

Ikari Wa Muchi = Anger is Ignorance

Naku Wa Shugyo = To Cry is to Train

Sosai Mas Oyama

My favorite "martial arts" movie would be "Once Upon a Time in China part II" with Jet Li. And since I run a website that reviews karate movies, I'd have to say my favorite classic movie would be "Drunken Master (1978)" hence my forum name and website name.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

My favorite "martial arts" movie would be "Once Upon a Time in China part II" with Jet Li. And since I run a website that reviews karate movies, I'd have to say my favorite classic movie would be "Drunken Master (1978)" hence my forum name and website name.
these are kung-fu movies not karate movies
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Hello,

As Goju_boi said, the Sonny Chiba movies are classics. Movies like Street Fighter and Return of the Street Fighter have great fights. These movies also seemed to have slightly better storylines than their Chinese counterparts in that time.

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa