• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashihara karate ... sebakai

y2_sub

Does anyone know anything about Ashihara karate ? or the sebakai challenge , some claim that ashihara was designed as a counter-kyokushin style , and others say that it's a kyokushin complement or "what kyokushin is missing" style ,any way , from what i know it's hard karate style , kyokushin offset , focus a lot more on circular motion .

How about the competition rules in ashihara ??????

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashihara is the name of the style created by Hideyuki Ashihara,one of the greatest students of Sosai Oyama...it's call sabaki and this means a circular movement...you don't stay in front of your opponent and hit, you move circular and hit, trying not be hit by the opponent.

First, the rules were the same like in kyokushin, but have been changed from this year...

i will tell you later more about ashihara and sabaki challenge...

"One becomes a beginner after one thousand days of training and an expert after ten thousand days of practice."(Mas Oyama)

"Water can support a ship and water can also sink a ship."(Old Chinese proverb)

• 2 years later...

Sensei's Sempai's and Kohai's

I want to bring Ashihara Karate Back into the light again. I train/teach at 2 Ashihara dojo's in the UK are there any practioners of the style on this Forum

I also want to answer any questions you have about the style

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

everything we do at my dojo is tai sebaki (ashi and te). It allows you to function in arcs, where the torque generated from your core increases your power. It's mainly a very common sense approach, i mean our te sebaki remains the same throughout aikido, jujutsu, judo, and even kenjutsu.

circular movements, creating arcs of potential energy.

There are many styles that teach Tai Sabaki - some do not teach this until Shodan.

My main reason is to bring Ashihara Karate to the forefront.

Ashihara karate do not use 'Traditional' kata, all kata in the system ar 'Jissen' (Combat) based and are influenced by Aikido, Muay Thai and predominately Kyokushin (Ashihara O Sensei a Kyokushin senior grade himself). If you Youtube you'll see some of the kata and if there are any ashihara karateka on here please just say hi

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)