• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scernio, What would you do

Did you like this topic, do you want more scernios?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this topic, do you want more scernios?

• Yes, You should do more
    • No, you should not do another one
    • Yes, but donot do annother one
    • No, but do another one

not this, but something similar happened to me once while i was in the mountains. foolishly i had left camp at two in the morning to go pee. i walked about a mile from the snow cave (snow caving rocks!) to the tree line and began doing business when i was surrounded by angry wildlife. just as a coyote came up to attack a thought flickered across my terrified brain and i directed my stream at the coyote! it worked and i was able to return without mishap.

This may be the key to surviving a no-win situation: do something unexpected. Use your creativity and your mushin mind to accomplish what rational thought cannot. (but if running is ever an option, take it!)

some thoughts on karateKarateRanch Blog

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the three guys were after me, I would have them chase me into a narrow alley and attack them one on one. Then I would call the police and have them send an ambulance for the other guy, if I couldn't help him.

• 1 month later...

I'd take flight over fight in that case. Call the cops when clear.

If I was surrounded, I'd try to go through the guy blocking my quickest escape and keep on going. (keep in mind I'm pretty inexperienced)

If I absolutely had to fight I'd do what I've seen said on this forum before: look for the biggest guy and take him down as quickly as possible. Punch him in the throat, kick him in the pills, gauge his eyes, whatever I have to do to take him down as fast as humanly possible. This kills the moral of the other two and I would deal them using whatever method I see fit (Remember, crazy beats big every time.) from there I check on the other guy. (I couldn't tell from the description if there were three guys or five guys aka three behind me and two mugging the old dude.) After that, I'd find a cop and tell them whats going on, they'd want to know and I'd probably be bleeding from more than one place.

A suggestion for you next fight senario though: state weather they are armed or not and be more clear about how many there are.

P.S. kudos to GMchen for his observation on how to observe, so to speak.

Be like water

-Bruce Lee

A suggestion for you next fight senario though: state weather they are armed or not and be more clear about how many there are.

That's really the worst part about fights: you're not going to know. It's a good thing he only gave us what he did to go off of, because that's all you WOULD know (aside from the training thing), and you have to act with that in mind. Observation is indeed your greatest weapon.

I would run. 3 against one, unless you're a large, VERY well trained person with a lot of street experience, is a bad situation for anyone under any cirumstance. With street attacks, you have no idea if they're armed, coked up, ready to kill you.. whatever.

I enjoy supplementing my MA training with lots of sprinting and plyo leg training lol.

BUT, in case of the "cornered, can't run" situation, personally I would go for maximum damage minimum time. Stomp kicks, biu tze (darting fingers to eyes/bottom of throat), hair pulling, hip throws... whatever. It's not like in training where they take their turns, they're all going to go for you at once, best thing you can do is ride on your adrenaline and get brutal, full power strikes to wherever it hurts most. You're going to get hit, a LOT, you just have to ignore it as best you can, guard your most vulnerable parts (knees, crotch, face, neck) and be smart.

Adrenaline is your best friend if you're used to it, I've seen guys take baseball bats to the face and not be phased because of insane adrenaline levels. That's why you have to rely on body mechanics, not pain tolerance, when you're fighting someone in an uncontrolled situation. Stuff they CAN'T ignore. A missing eye, stomped knee, collapsed throat, broken fingers, being put on the ground... that's stuff that can't be drowned out by adrenaline.

When I'm walking through the rough parts (south Lansing or visiting friends in Detroit), I always have a Gerber Guardian on me. Extremely nasty little knife, full tang, rubber handle, double edged and very thin. Made just for self defense. If I had it on me, they'd all be on the ground trying to keep their intestines from going astray.

As for the other guy, IF I happened to deal with the 3, that humanistic part of me would drive me to jump in. If he's on the ground, they're off guard (as long as they weren't paying too much attention to the last situation), and I'd use that to my advantage. Sprinting stomp kick, neck shots (not to be confused with throat)... whatever. If I had run from the before scenario, I would find a phone and call the cops ASAP.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

If the other guys saw you take down three guys by yourself then they'd probably break and run... especially if you were separating their last meal from their bodies. :D

Three on one is bad, very bad... your best bet is to attack to put yourself in a position to run away. Barring that, you have to take one of them out immediatly. Few people have the reflexes and timing to deal with three people at once. When it's down to two on two, keep one of your opponents between you and the other opponent... that way only one can come at you at a time. Your best bet is to not walk down dark alleys or other dangerous places at night, spend a little more time sticking to lighted streets and main roads.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

That's really the worst part about fights: you're not going to know.

That's where I disagree, if someone is going to attack you often times they'll brandish their weapon. Though I suppose they might try to use hand-to-hand then if they were loosing take out their knife. But most people who are going to attack a guy would take out their weapon first I think.

Nice stratagy btw.

Be like water

-Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am sure that there are alot of different posts on this one. And I am sure as well I will be saying a bit that the others have said. First thing if you have to fight against more then one person...make yourself so that you can only be attacked by one at a time. The less number of punches and kicks coming at you then the better chance you have to fight your way out. Once again I would have to say go for knees, noses, eyes, and other things that can be gouged or broke easliy. Another thing to look for is if you can get your hand on a weapon wiether it be a stick or even a trashcan lid. If you get a weapon in your hand then you will notice alot of different people dontl ike to fight. But if you use the weapon only defend and then lose it dont hit whiel theya re down..cause that goes from defence to assult and that is bad

Who would you rather fight. A man that is not afraid to die...Or a man that has nothing left to live for?

If you can't walk away.... 3 on 1 odds are bad... possible danger of being killed....

strike the throat, gouge the eyes (i had a cut cornea once, put me out of commission immediately, ...imagine squishing an eye :karate: )

do what you have to protect yourself to get away....

if you know your gonna be going to the hospital, at least take one with you....

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!