• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin...

Rorion

Hi! First i want to sorry because my english is not very good..i am a foreigner. :)

I am a kyokushin fighter...

What do you think about the style of Oyama?

Is an efficient martial art?

I have been practicing this style of fighting for about 4 years and now i'm a green belt kyu 4 in kyokushin iko1- this is the organisation of kancho Matsui 8 dan..i'm very happy to be a martial arts fighter and for me this is a honour to be here on the forum(thank you very much)...

"One becomes a beginner after one thousand days of training and an expert after ten thousand days of practice."(Mas Oyama)

"Water can support a ship and water can also sink a ship."(Old Chinese proverb)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rorion....welcome to the forum :-) I started my training at a Kyokushin dojo back in 1973. I stayed there for 3 years, between the ages of 7 and 10. I mainly practice Goju Ryu and Jujitsu now, but taught for a little while at a Kyokushin dojo back in 96. Its a good, hard style, that often produces very hard core fighters. Keep up the good work, and again, welcome to the forum.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Kyokushin is great .. pure hardcore and one of the best styles around , i practice kyokushin myself , i am nidan , i have been in kyokushin for about 8 years now , and i was in iko1 but now witched to iko3 ( kansho matsushima ) . Anyway , keep the good work , OSU ..

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

welcome, rorion. i must conccur with all the previous submissions. kyokushin karate is worldly known for producing some of the roughest & toughest martial artists in the world. wish i'd never given my studies at my old dojo. but, i believe oyama sensei's system to be a complete system. it is efficient and oddly enough, simple. techniques are practical and straight forward in my opinion. i'm very grateful to have begun my martial arts training in a kyokushin dojo.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

Sal!

Thanks very much for yours replays(posts)...I repeat i'm very glad to be here and i would like to discover more about martial arts, especially kyokushin and MMA fighting.

Do you know any kyokushin fighter who fights in UFC or any other MMA tournaments?

Sal!

"One becomes a beginner after one thousand days of training and an expert after ten thousand days of practice."(Mas Oyama)

I don't know any MMA Kyokushin practioners. But the following have fought in the K1:

Andy Hug

Francisco Filho

Glaube Feitosa

Nicholas Pettas

Michael Thompson

And some more in the K1 vs Kyokushin event. In which Kyokushin won all rounds :o

Sal!

I have seen Fietosa on Las Vegas K1.. i like very much his way of fighting-and that jodan mawashi geri(i was watching TV and saying:"oh man it can not be possible" :o )- great fighter....he win the tournament..Carter Williams and Goodridge had no chance fighting with Feitosa.

I know that Gerard Gordeau fought in the Octagon and that he is a kyokushin fighter,too..is this true?

Have you seen the ichi geki(challenge) kyokushin-kickboxing from Paris Bercy?

There were 4 fights between kyokushin and kickboxing fighters...the fighters from kyokushin won 3 matches and lost 1 (judge decision). Feitosa fought also.

I know that Andy Hug won 3 K1 tournaments in Japan and that his was world champion in kyokushin in the open tournament- he also fought with Matsui in final and lost... he was a great fighter..i'm sorry for him..

What do you think- have Feitosa any chance to win the final K1 tournament from Japan?

Sal!