• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kata

parkerlineage

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Haha, I'd like to think so.

I'd tell you to look up my instructor, but he's still a little stuck in the stone-age, and if you put in his name online, you get...

Wow. Smack me with a bo. We finally got a bloody website!! (Kind of!)

http://kenpokaratedvds.com/bio.html

It's not terribly great, granted, but it's something! Anyway...there's my instructor...

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I have a further question on the set that is (I think) three from the end. You do a sharp turn to the 1:30 and do a right front kick and forked tongue of the snake eye strike simultaneously. Then you come down with a crane beak, then right elbow and step back and do a little jig with your hands. This is the part that I’m confused with. I can’t figure out the application behind the ‘scraping’ your hands together, left hand staying stationary and the right hand moving up and down. I’m basically confused about everything between the kick and the knee sandwich.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

yeah good site. You ever heard of ........I can't think of his name he is the one I heard that has been with parker the longest in parkers later years. He teach's that sub level 4 stuff.

I can't think of his name for the life of me. I know one of his students that is amazingly skilled at kenpo up in arizona.

scottnshelly: It's the second to last (if you don't count the hand isolation). Envision, if you will/can...

Your opponent is holding the gun in front of you (I believe). In any event, you turn to face him. You parry the gun to the outside, kick his knee and eyestrike, then land with the crane on his elbow. You then step back and use your left hand to pull his arm up, and your right crane against his elbow as leverage. This was a lock from the technique Defying the Storm. It will leave your opponent with his arm bent behind him, elbow up, with his wrist pointed toward you, hand bent back toward his elbow.

Here is where the 'scraping' comes in. Your left hand remains stationary, since there happens to be a gun a few inches away from that hand. Your right hand comes up and grabs the gun by the barrel, from the bottom, so that if you held your hand up in a fist (thumb toward you), the handle would be pointing away from you and up.

So, you have the gun now - the position the lock has put your opponent's wrist in is not condusive to gripping, so it's easy to take. You then circle your hand all the way around, and strike the back of his head with the butt of the handle as you knee.

Helpful? Let me know if I can explain more.

Karate25: I don't know. Huk Planas and Frank Trejo are my instructor's instructors (more Master Planas than Master Trejo), and I know Master Planas was Master Parker's highest non-honorary ranking person.

Hope I helped you?

Peace;

Parkerlineage

Ed Parker

Haha, didn't think so.

Sub Level 4? No, I hadn't, but when you mentioned it, I looked it up and learned a very little bit about it. I don't think there's much of it in what we do...care to fill me in a bit more on it?

Peace;

Parkerlineage

btw, what rank are you? You seem to know quite a bit.

Ed Parker