• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chi Training/Question

More or less, I'm posting this to get some help on increasing my control over my chi. Also, I would like to learn how to USE my chi in actual strikes. I want to use it in strikes to create much more force, im not looking to use it in point striking yet. So if anyone has any training tips, usefull information, web links, suggestions, etc. please help me out.

The big deal im going through now is using my chi in punches. See, I can sit down and place my palms together and actually feel the chi circulating between my palms - in order to do this i have to breathe in, then meditate on releasing my chi through my palms as i breathe out. Now this takes much longer than a split second, where as when im doing a straight punch, i execute that in a split second. So my question is: How should I train my punches to pack as much Chi, but within a split second?

----------------

Take Care, Everyone.

- Akemoshi

----------------

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You need to train your ki come out that faster. Or you could posssibly charge ki in your hand. Then punch. But the logical answer is to train and make your ki come out faster.

I am here to get stronger in physical, mental and ki strength.

Welcome Akemoshi and Clarence,

In regards to your question about using chi in your techniques. It will be there. Don't try to think about forcing it to your hands or feet. Trying to force CHI will actually cut it off. relax and let the chi flow through your hands, feet, and body as you do the techniqes. As to your question on how to increase your control of chi and your chi in your body. I would suggest Zhan Zhuang training. Google this and you will get a wealth of information. It is also called standing meditation. This is a great Chi Kung technique that will help you increase the chi flow in your body and will help you cultivate the chi quicker.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

you CAN charge your hand/palm/feet/shin or whatever with energy however it wont do a GREAT ammount of damage untill youve been doing it for a while, dtstiachi is also right, you can still force it but will it there instead of say, tensing it, tensing it will inhibit the chi flow, and do alot of zang zhuang training for that ^_^

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

thanks everyone for your help. i've checked into zhan zhuang even before i posted this, but im new to it and i dont really know about the different stances, etc. so ill check into the chi kung and work on charging my chi, and also relaxing and letting it flow.

----------------

Take Care, Everyone.

- Akemoshi

----------------

ive been training in chi manipulation for about 2 years now and ive discovered if you think of chi as a substance that flows where you need it to instead of a matter that zipps right where you want it to go and just relax it is a lot easier and stronger to manipulate after all you cant make anything else in life do exactly what you want when you want but it happens when you relax and feel like you need it

"you are given time with no exeptions its up to tou whether you use it or waste it"

I recommend you train your fighting katas very slowly, concentrating on breathing as in Chi Kung, concentrate on keeping yourself relaxed and breathing without making sound.

In that calm, your movements and the right breathing will allow you to discover Chi in movement.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 months later...

In my opinion you dont really ned to worry about getting the chi to your fist or foot or elbow or whatever. IF you focuse and move from your center and relax it will automatically go there. When you punch back sure you are shooting out the punch from your center/hara where your center of chi is so instead of punching from the chi in your hand, you punch with the whole chi in your body.

Focus