• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My little brother got beaten today

I think you did the right thing.

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that 10-yr-old boys get into fights, and that it's good that he can defend himself. I would, however, go to him and have a "don't fight unless you have too...but if you do have to, do it well" (I think someone said that before, but its important) talk with him.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Like people said, there are better ways to build character. But, I also think it's important to stand up for yourself, sometimes that's the best way to build confidence. I supose it all depends on the situation of the fight before your actions are justified.

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

• 3 weeks later...

It depends, If you want him to learn, I'd say let him get beaten up a cuple times, then teach him some stuff, Maybe that would help him, But i gain alot of my defensive skills fighting on the streets

Yeah yeah, Shut up already

Begginer-2nd degree white

• 1 month later...

I'd never let one of my brothers fight if i could help it, and if someone did try and fight my brother, god help them. Love my brothers way too much to let them risk getting hurt in some foolish street fight.

Jake

I, respectfully agree with those who said the fight should have been broken up. AFter all your brother was fighting with a friend

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 4 weeks later...

Yep , it has been a year and my brother is 11 by now :)

To answer your question , he is still fat , he even gained more weight (And height) , and he is not interested at all in learning how to fight , he likes soccer though , so I signed him in a local soccer team ..

I personally think that it’s not important if he does MA or no as long as he is doing some kind of sports ..

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• 1 month later...

make him take my style if you goof off you get pinned by a 5th degree black belt :karate:

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

• 1 month later...

MA is not important, taking care of yourself is. (i didn't say fighting).

I'm glad he's interested in soccer.

hope life turns out well for the both of you.