• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My little brother got beaten today

I would have done the same, I never split any of my little brothers fights up. They need to learn to defend themselves, you can't jump in and help everytime because there will be a time when you aren't there and something really bad could happen.

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - it generally insights the person that attacks them to "get them" when ur not there..... they look for the opportunity to get back at them

Also - it generally insights the person that attacks them to "get them" when ur not there..... they look for the opportunity to get back at them

That's exactly why I didn't break the fight between them , i always defend my brother , he always comes to me when he needs help , i am like his problem solver , so i wanted him to " stand and fight " cause i am not always there .

Any way , the reason of the fight - since many of you guys asked about it - is : the other boy started calling him names so what my brother did is pushing him , and then he applied a wrestling choke hold on him ( not Greco-roman wrestling , talking here about the " fake " professional wrestling - WWE type - kids are crazy about it these days ) and then he took him to the ground , that's how the fight started .

As for my brother , he is not the fat ugly geek type , he's taller then the other kids his age and a little bit overweight , anyway ,needs to be fit . He doesn't like karate , i tried over and over with him , i signed him an a kyokushin dojo ( where I go ) and shotokan at school , but he always quit after the second class ,he likes soccer a lot though .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I remember growing up, I was a very small kid and was the target of pretty much all of the bullies in my school. It was embarassing to say the least, but when I finally told my father about the worst of these bullies he gave me what was probalby the best advice I ever got. My father is a no nonsense man who listened intently to my problem and then matter of factly told me"well...you're gonna have to kick his a$$"

My father was a boxer and he trained me for about a month on body postitioning and combinations, so that the next time said bully started on me again I would be ready.

When he came and got me from the principal's office, there wasn't a word said about me fighting in the school, simply an understanding that there comes a time to stand up for one's self. Some teachers(sensai's, instructors) understand that sometimes life can suck and that there are always reasons why things like this happen. As long as one can show restraint, experiences like this and the one with your brother can turn into positives out of what most people find distasteful.

this is not a case of being bullied around. its a case of fighting over name-calling..........

you cant encourage a little kid to go into a fight just because he was insulted verbally....

or do you go and fight everyone who calls u names?

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I agree there comes a time to stand and fight. I too had problems with bullies in school (imagine that, there seems to be a trend). My sifu gave me this advice after months of problems with no solution, including talking with teachers and parents: wait until a teacher is coming and just as they arrive, dive on the kid. No danger of getting hurt or a chance to have to use force and hurt him, the teacher will break it up. That way whenever anyone asks, you weren't backing down from a fight, so you didn't lose face and you didn't have to hurt him. Kind of amusing advice, but he did it in his youth so I'd imagine it would work.

Myself, I unfotunately lost my temper and hit the kid square in the face. I'd say his way worked better.

36 styles of danger

thanks y2_sub....

i fight any one that talks to me.... hehe.... just joking.... kids just need to learn to not respond to it that much, dont just be silent as that tends to make things worse.... just keep calm.