• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you a Thug or a Warrior?!

In my life I have been apart of many fights out on the street and in nightclubs. No I was not the one that started them, nor was I one who was looking for them. I was the "bouncer" and it was my job to stop them. I have been doing security for over ten years. I tell you this much. Fighting hurts a lot. No mater how skilled you are. It takes a toll on your body. I am a grappler by training. For the most part that, that help me the most of all the martial arts I have trained in.

Warrior, Fighter, Solider or Bouncer it does not mater. It mater is why you train and why, when you got to, why you fight.

That is just my two cents.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm a thug. Definatly.

They're just titles, categories, labels. Those names mean different things to every person who hears them. To say "I'm a thug" means anything from, "I've gotten into a few street fights" to "I've spent time in jail." Same with warrior. Labels don't work.

"Don't tell me what I can't do."

I agree, no they don't. But you can put people in a general category, how people recieve them and their knowlege, our self worth, what we stand for and who we are. For example, I'm a TKD Master Instructor, what does that say? I'm a high kicker and do not have street cred, generaly true. But it's the small technical aspects you don't see with labels. I'm also a good ground fighter. Something you wouldn't see with my TKD label. So we can use the general category to a point.