• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you a Thug or a Warrior?!

true not all soliders are warriors. defintion of a warrior is to engage the enemy some soliders are to afraid to do that.

but thats why we have combatives training and other types of training to develop that mind set. To engage the enemy. To have courage to engage the enemy even though we are afraid.

God Bless the troops!

Hooah!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just train so i can beat my mum up :P :lol:

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

IMHO a warrior is the same thing as a soldier, but a soldier is annonomus, a warrior is a specific person

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

why would soldier be anonymous while warrior is not? i think those terms are interchangeable.

completely out of topic: if the number of blossoms continuously change on that tree, you can still count them many times, get a median, average, upper bound and lower bound to get an approximate but realistic idea how many they are. :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

like it has been said - and seems to have been proven, everyone has their own idea of what a warrior is, and it just seems to be a target to aspire to.....

I wouldnt consider my self a warrior.... but i wouldn't consider many that way either.

Personally, a warrior is all mind, body, and spirit. Me personally, I chose the path of Christianity, believing in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection, and because of HIM, I DO NOT FEAR DEATH.

Mind and Body, and because of Christ, I have been blessed with the ability to protect myself and others, in the martial arts.

if you're not a warrior and you're not a thug where does that leave you? Why can't you just be a person that enjoys training in the martial arts for whatever reason that you like doing it? What's wrong with that?

very well put

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

Personally, a warrior is all mind, body, and spirit. Me personally, I chose the path of Christianity, believing in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection, and because of HIM, I DO NOT FEAR DEATH.

Mind and Body, and because of Christ, I have been blessed with the ability to protect myself and others, in the martial arts.

ya know, a lot of people say that in normal, everyday, cushiony circumstances. I truly wonder how many (both christian / any other religion and non religious) would say that when they have a gun to their head or in their mouth. I've witnessed people who claim they don't fear death get all shaken up by something as little as a fight... They were afraid in a fight, not will somehow not be afraid of death?

I guarantee you, most of the people you run into - trained or not - are afraid to die. However, fear of death really serves me no purpose in a fight. I have never fought in the ring or street with the thought of death - only of finishing the fight. So, who is better off, you - who supposedly isn't afraid of death, or me, who doesn't even think about it?

Also, a christian could be a warrior. the bible is full of christians who fought in wars. They were all warriors.

Edited by elbows_and_knees

I am afraid when I fight, I am afriad of my upcoming deployment to Iraq for several reasons. I just don't let the fear control me and stop me from what needs to be done.

People may have there own defintion of a warrior thats fine but doesnt mean its correct. Only correct to you. So saying some one else isn't a worrior depends on your defintion but to some one elses deftion they are a warrior.

but I am going buy the dictionary definetion for that word. "some one who is willing to engage the enemy"