• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you a Thug or a Warrior?!

just because you are a soldier that does not make you a warrior. in my opinion a warrior is someone who does the right thing no matter the cost.

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior are the martial artists who fight not for themselves, but for others.

when people try to fight them, they will turn the other cheek, but when others are fighting or opressing the weak, they will step in and put a stop to it, whatever the cnsequence for themselves.

Some would say that this is what any decent person would do, if so, then every decent person is a warrior,a warriors of freedom and justice.

"We follow the World,

The World follows Heaven,

Heaven follows Tao,

Tao follows the way things are."

Warrior are the martial artists who fight not for themselves, but for others.

when people try to fight them, they will turn the other cheek, but when others are fighting or opressing the weak, they will step in and put a stop to it, whatever the cnsequence for themselves.

Some would say that this is what any decent person would do, if so, then every decent person is a warrior,a warriors of freedom and justice.

That is a very honorable comment!

The spirit of the Noble Warrior.

For the other MA Brothers and Sisters who disagree with the idea of Fudoshin remember this:

No one is imposing a definition or standard upon you - however, some 'choose' to follow this honorable path.

EF

"The path to victory lies within!"

You may like to find more information about Fudoshin here:

http://www.furyu.com/archives/issue9/fudoshin.html

This is a very good artricle,well written and researched.

EF

P.S. This is the basis of the quotation posted in an earlier thread which has been subsequently removed in order to honour the copyright of the author.

"The path to victory lies within!"

just because you are a soldier that does not make you a warrior. in my opinion a warrior is someone who does the right thing no matter the cost.

which is fine.... it's a romanticized opinion, but we are all entitled to opinions. The DEFINITION of warrior has already been stated here.

You cannot debate the definition of warrior. People will always have different beliefs about that. Therefore, people who are not warriors in my (or your) eyes will be called warriors, and vice versa. What you must remember is that WARRIOR is just a word. It is the person's actions that define them, not a title.

Oh, and because no one else has done it-

"I'm searching for a great warrior."

"Ah, war is not what make one great." Bonus points if you can tell me what movie that's from.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

You cannot debate the definition of warrior. People will always have different beliefs about that. Therefore, people who are not warriors in my (or your) eyes will be called warriors, and vice versa. What you must remember is that WARRIOR is just a word. It is the person's actions that define them, not a title.

Oh, and because no one else has done it-

"I'm searching for a great warrior."

"Ah, war is not what make one great." Bonus points if you can tell me what movie that's from.

Oh please. :roll: :D

Empire Strikes Back, early in the Dagobah swamp before Luke has found out who Yoda really is.

"I'm looking for a Jedi Master."

"Oooohhh....Yoda. You seek Yoda."

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

i think people who see the romanticised idea of what a warrior is, are only imposing on themselves an aim to better themselves.... so irrelevant of what a warrior is defined to be.... tehy choose a certain aim, and feel that is the word that best describes it.

Hope that made some sense...

The term 'warrior' is definitely romanticised. If it helps a person to better themself then why not use it.

And to elbows_and_knees,

I was talking about the naive people who ask the question, how do I beat a street fighter? :lol:

If I answered that question it would be generalisation.

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee