• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pulling Punches

Hart

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the whole point of pulling punches is purely for saftey reasons, if you have a black belt v a white belt, then the chances are the black belt will hurt the white belt which is not always the point of sparring.

of course in a street fight, you should not pull your punches, if the fight is on then you should hit as hard as you can untill the threat is gone...

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

It is also a show of control. I strike at full speed to the body and face with my hands and feet; but only pull the strike at the last second to either 'tap' the face or lightly strike the body. This is important if you have read on Dim Mak (Pressure point strikes). There are three depths you can strike pressure points. Surface to stun, stronger render unconscious and the third depth can potentially kill when done in a proper order of strikes and depths. Being able to control these strikes (as you can tell) has an utmost importance.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

he means not hitting with 100% power.

i wouldnt want to hit my classmates with everything I have to the nface, but i can still make light contact there to let them know they were hit.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

he means not hitting with 100% power.

i wouldnt want to hit my classmates with everything I have to the nface, but i can still make light contact there to let them know they were hit.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

In "Point sparring", they want you to pull the punches so as not to make full contact with your opponent. Same thing can be said for when (as said in an earlier post) a black belt is fighting a color belt.....you wanna make just enough contact to let the underbelt know that he/she was "open", but you dont really wanna hurt your fellow students/training partners.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"