• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Calling Goju-People

SyracuseJundokan

suits me

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have for years studied under Kancho Akira Takahashi of the Genbukan in Kyoto, Japan. His teachers include Gogen Yamaguchi, among others who directly sutdied with Myiagi. Recently I have had the honor of joining the Kodokan under Kimo Wall sensei and I am convinced that it is authentic goju-ryu. He trained under Miyagi's senior student Higa.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

I have for years studied under Kancho Akira Takahashi of the Genbukan in Kyoto, Japan. His teachers include Gogen Yamaguchi, among others who directly sutdied with Myiagi. Recently I have had the honor of joining the Kodokan under Kimo Wall sensei and I am convinced that it is authentic goju-ryu. He trained under Miyagi's senior student Higa.
How do y ou know these people?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

My teacher introduced me to Kancho Takahashi and we began training. And Kimo Sensei just recently came and visited our dojo and lived in the area for a short while so had the honor of joining his orginization.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

My lineage, including video correspondence, and kumite training with other Black Belts of Goju Ryu outside of the following is:

Higashionna, Kanryo...Naha, Okinawa.

-----Miyagi, Chojun.............Naha, Okinawa.

--------Toguchi, Seikichi.........Naha, Okinawa.

----------Takahata, Ichiro..........Tokyo, Japan...

-------------o Sensei Takahata brought Shorei-Kan Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate to Oklahoma in 1968.

My Sensei was Tom Haggerty (5th Dan) out of Midwest City, Oklahoma, from 1988 to 1992.

o Sensei Haggerty was a student of o Sensei Takahata during the late 60's and early 70's, of whom, also owned and operated the the Samurai Restaurant here in OKC for 23 years.

...that is my lineage, which is more specific than I had posted in another thread.

:)

[/b]

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

All I can say is that I'm jelous.All the Goju people I've trained with are from my school.not that I don't like them,it's just that I would enjoy having experiences like you guys.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Hey...kind of neat, people in this thread I've never meet train with people I've trained with.

Goju-Boi, do you train under Veras-sensei or Mcmain-sensei?

vince - you train with my sensei andre lemieux-sensei at with yabinaka-shihan in tilsonburg?

I study traditional Okinawan Goju-ryu, I belong to Karate Ontario (WKF), and P.O.G.K.F. I don't plan on joining the JKF until I obtain my black belt...too much money and time to keep updating the membership each belt.

Chado