• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sparred with a green belt

karateka477

It is a great practice to spar all different ranks, ages and sizes of people. I know I learn quite a bit when I fight someone new. Coming up in rank (through Kenpo) I had no idea of the explosive power of TKD fighters. So I began to train with some of them to learn the technique. I feel the more you know, the better you become.

i agree, fights i most look forward to fighting are new people, both white belts and higher ranks that i have not fought yet... i relish the challenge

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 months later...

Awesome i dont usually enjoy sparring with lower belts as much because i have to concentrete on them which is pretty selffish lol. Sparring with a higher belt is great for training,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

i was surprised to see this old topic return but all good. well aupdate on that i guess is in order. i am now a gold belt and he is a blue belt. is till enjhoy sparrng against him alot.well later my karate friends

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

well we have 11 belts before black belt. it goes white gold yellow orange green blue prurple all 3 browns and then shodan ho

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

Well as a greenbelt he has to have control and so hs not going to pound on a white belt, but thats pretty cool

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

11 belts ????? that’s a lot of em , lol .

I usually hate sparring with lower ranks cause i must take it easy on them , however , some of the green belts at our dojo can take a high amount of punishment so i just kick and punch them hard , this way they get used to fight black belts at tournaments .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike