Rocky1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any karate style would be good since you had done it before , id recomand wado ryu though

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Any karate style would be good since you had done it before , id recomand wado ryu though

Actually Ive heard quite alot of wado ryu and I dont even know what it really is, can anyone inform me as to its focuses?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Brief history :

WADO Ryu is a style of Japanese karate founded in 1939 by Hironori Ohtsuka (also spelled Hironori Otsuka). Wado means “way of peace” and is one of the four major styles of Japanese karate along with Shotokan, Goju Ryu and Shito Ryu.

The founder of wado ryu "Master Hironori Ohtsuka " was a student of Shindo Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu , The essence of this art lays emphasis upon the nature and the grace of movement . He also studied some other jujitsu forms focusing on their positive sides , in 1922 he met Gichin Funakoshi Sensei while he was demonstrating his style of okinawan karate , impressed by karate , Ohtsuka joined shotokan , in 1929 started developing his own style of karate which was a combination of Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu and funakushi's karate .

Wado students learn to use taisabaki body shifting) to avoid the full force of an attack while at the same time positioning the body for an effective counterattack.

thats in brief , i have quoted from this site http://www.wado-ryu-karate.com/#Wado + the little i know . You may want to run a google search

Since wado focuses on natural body movement I recomanded it for him ..

• 4 months later...
Brief history :

WADO Ryu is a style of Japanese karate founded in 1939 by Hironori Ohtsuka (also spelled Hironori Otsuka). Wado means “way of peace” and is one of the four major styles of Japanese karate along with Shotokan, Goju Ryu and Shito Ryu.

The founder of wado ryu "Master Hironori Ohtsuka " was a student of Shindo Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu , The essence of this art lays emphasis upon the nature and the grace of movement . He also studied some other jujitsu forms focusing on their positive sides , in 1922 he met Gichin Funakoshi Sensei while he was demonstrating his style of okinawan karate , impressed by karate , Ohtsuka joined shotokan , in 1929 started developing his own style of karate which was a combination of Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu and funakushi's karate .

Wado students learn to use taisabaki body shifting) to avoid the full force of an attack while at the same time positioning the body for an effective counterattack.

thats in brief , i have quoted from this site http://www.wado-ryu-karate.com/#Wado + the little i know . You may want to run a google search

Yes that would be a good choice for him, Its also my style as well, Just remember some call it Wado Ryu or Wado Kai its the same Karate though, just a organization thing.. Kai's the organization Ryu means 'school' so you can saw wado-kai ''wado-organization or wado-ryu wado 'school' same thing..lol can be confusing, I could go more indepth on that but it dos'nt really matter..lol its a bit easier on the knees also since we focus on higher stances in katas and theres not much jumping high kicking, some incorporate the high kicks but the basis is low kicks , high stances, there is also a system of Jujitsu blended into the system for self-defense that works nicely, its a nice style and has a lot to offer..good luck

well theres kobudo if u want weapons training only.It emcompasses several weapons and is pretty much like any traditionla stlye but with weapons. The only thing though is that a lot of the schools that offer it make u be invloved with their karate program.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu