• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For anybody with a heavy bag...

UseoForce

Does the metal swivel hardware at the top of your chain wear away quickly? Does your chain wear excessively at all? I've only had my bag for about six months, and in one or two more workouts, the metal hook that the swivel of my bag hangs on will have worn completely through the swivel. Not only will I have to replace this hardware, but very very tiny metal shavings cover the top of my bag, and gets on my hands. The shavings are so small that its almost like having an ink stain, and it is hard to remove. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do about it?

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, I've never heard of that happening before. What brand of bag do you have, and did you buy it new? If so, contact the company you got it from and complain...LOUDLY!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

You might want to try going to a hardware store and getting some nice heavy-duty chains and stuff. I've definitely never heard of that problem, but it sounds dangerous. So take care!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Dangerous? Maybe. Nuisance? Certainly!

I guess its just my incredible striking power.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to anyone else. Its Everlast equipment. That's supposed to be quality stuff, rihgt?

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Dangerous? Maybe. Nuisance? Certainly!

I guess its just my incredible striking power.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to anyone else. Its Everlast equipment. That's supposed to be quality stuff, rihgt?

Everlast, as far as I've ever known, is top of the line stuff. As for your striking power causing the chain and bracket to wear...well..... :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

that happend at my dojo, but then again we tore a hole in the side of the bag within a few months of owning it, it was also bought brand new

"Whatever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others. -Colossians 3:23

Unless it is a really cheap aluminum, I can't see anything wearing like that in 6 months unless there was a mounting or manufacturing defect.

You should be able to go to almost any hardware store and pick up a replacement part. Take your bag down, take the worn link with you and ask them what would be a good replacement.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player