• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Head Kicks

the way i see it is: am i gonna waste all that energy to kick somebody in the head once to knock them out? or am i gonna use less energy and punch a guy in the head about 10 times or use low line kicks at his leg and groin?

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on prodigy-child, one head kick to a guy, if done successfully will be knocked out straight away, 10 punches to the face wouldnt equal near enough to a solid step side kick or round kick to the head, as soon as the apponent is knocked in the head with your feet, he will be dazed confused, and perhaps even on the floor, which is the worst position to be in a fighting situation

i say head kicks are the way to win a fight :nod:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

TKD concept is to use the kick rather than the punch because it is stronger, sometimes faster, and it has a further reach...

The disadvantage is that you can't really get in that close without getting slapped around, thats probabily why TKD has a bad rap for some people.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

On 2002-03-18 15:22, ad wrote:

i say head kicks are the way to win a fight :nod:

I would have to disagree there. When you go for a head kick, it would be quite possible for your opponent to grab your leg, which will leave you in a whole world of trouble, or to simply charge into you, knocking you to the ground. Control the centreline, control his balance, many punches to the face and body with low kicks to the legs and groin, alongside a good clinch with knees to the head and body, would be more effective I feel. Far less risky, with good results. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Horrible reputation??

Every art has its long and short aspects it is just which is used more that classify them. Long range is just that, do you wait for your attacker to be within your reach or do you jump and/or roll and/or kick to attack from a larger distance. Long range also means that you would use extended attacks (punches with your arms stretched or kicks high and extended fully) as opposed to a close range grappling and breaking maneuver.

Judo is an excellent example of a short range style, its attacks are extermely effective, only if the attacker can get in close enough to grab on and use them. Tae Kwon Do is a great example of a long range style, the attacker can do quite a bit of damage from quite a distance away from the target... like head kicks! Since the distance is further away, a you have more time to react, and can learn how to see attacks and read them. TKD teaches maximizing power. (Overcome power with power.) ... I don't think this is so horrible!.... but we should crosstrain in a short range style as well!

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan BlackBelt TKD(ITF)

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-03-19 11:26 ]

ad........in a street fight i would never try to kick to the head because if a guy trys to mess with me i am going to take him out as fast as i can......with the amount of energy i could use to kick a guy really really hard in the head i could throw about 5 - 10 pretty hard punches or kick him in the legs and the groin

yes kicks to the head daze your opponant and i kick alot to the head in the ring but on the street i am going to punch, palm heel, elbow, knee, gouge eyeballs, choke, submit, and kick to the groin and legs..... also when your adrenaline is flowing and the same with a guy who wants to beat your ass......you'd be amazed how much punishment they could dish out!

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

KickChick, I didn't say I thought it was horrible, I said the rep was horrible becasue of many of the ignorant people who have beat McDojo students and have come to the conclusion that TKD sucks. I like to keep my distance, but I want to also train some boxing in the future to develop better punches, and now I'm also working on BJJ for the close takedowns and grappling.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

whatever floats ya boat mate

and three60roundhouse, lets not go into the tkd sucks discussion, theres a seperate forum for that :nod:

i still stick aside that a kick to the head is powerful, but it depends whether you have got the guts to use it or not, most fights, involve pushin and the occasional punchin,

however if you kick a person to the head, you have stepped up the seriousness of the fight a notch higher, which might even put you in a more dangerous position ,

as jack mentions, if the kick backfires, then your basically screwed, but it still is a useful move if it works

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Well, I think the head kick can be useful, if you can actually do it fast enough and with accuracy. I think that during a fight, if you kick someone in the head to end the fight, no one else will want to fight you. Aside from that, isnt there someone in each of our lives that we have fantasized about kicking in the forehead? Admit it. lol I live around a lotta rednecks. I have the fantasy a lot. haha