• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Head Kicks

Head Kicks are risky and deadly in any fight. I always see Martial Arts movies with guys throwing head kicks and knocking people out. In real life a Head Kick is very risky and you could end up being the one knocked out. While it can deliver a deadly blow to your opponent, it can also be very risky. Would any of you attempt to go for the head in Street Fighting? Even if you were fast and able to pull many off in sequence?

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many people out there who can throw out head-high kicks with ease at blinding speed, precision, and accuracy. However, in a self-defense situation with your life on the line, the simple fact is that your basic low kicks to the groin and strikes to the eyes, kneecaps, other vital organs etc. will be that much faster and more practical. Why take a risk (even the slightest risk) when your chances could be greater using techniques that require less effort or energy, and your life is in danger? No matter what, a quick strike with the fist to the bridge of one's nose will always have more practical potential than a high kick to the head, regardless of how good you are.

On the other side of things, a deadly kick to the head can result in serious injury/bleeding (external or internal), brain damage, or death. Why would you want to deal with that kind of liability? Yes you can plead your case as self-defense but in this day and age things are never that clear cut.

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

I would never attempt to execute a high kick like that in a street fight, for me it's not practical and is very risky for two reasons, the danger of a manslaughter suit in the event the attacker passes on, and two, takes to much concentration and accuracy, and during a street or barroom brawl I can use less extravagant and lower techniques to suppress any onslaught, that's just my thoughts :wink:

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

On 2002-03-04 18:36, ramcalgary wrote:

high kicks big risk on the street in the ring or sparring why not!!

Choice.

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

On 2002-03-04 18:45, ramcalgary wrote:

It is a choice but ya gotta love seeing a jump spinning back kick to somebodies noodle over a round kick to the thigh.

Touche, my friend. :wink:

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

Head height kicks take great timing, flexibility and technique, plus they are easy to block and avoid.

Only time I would find them advatageous to execute is in tournament sparring where you are not allowed to punch to the head. In a streetfighting situation your street clothing and shoes usually make these kicks almost impossible...."'scuse me while I wiggle out of these tight jeans and my stiletto heels sir!"

:brow: