• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The LAw of Karma.

The Phenom

I've heard about the law of karma in the past. I was wondering if someone could define what it is exactly, or post a link because I don't know a lot about it. But it sounds very interesting.

Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karma literally means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction which governs all life. Karma is not fate, for man acts with free will creating his own destiny. According to the Vedas, if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concommitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate reaction. Not all karmas rebound immediately. Some accumulate and return unexpectedly in this or other births.

Take alook here for quite a good over view of what various schools of thought think Karma means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Hope this helps !

Empty Flower

"The path to victory lies within!"

I'm no expert on this topic, but I have a belief in karma. In laymen’s terms, it's basically the belief that there is no luck, no miracles, no chance; everything happens because of something that you did previously. Some believe that it goes back to previous lives, or will affect you in lives to come. I’m still undecided on that part.

I do think that you reap what you sow. If you never help anyone out, no one will help you. If you always throw trash in other people’s yards, you will get garbage in your yard. If you show people respect, you will receive respect in return.

Of course, I’m not expert; this is all my own opinions. I wouldn’t be surprised if everything I just said was wrong. There are plenty of websites and books out there that can help you understand.