• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kick to kneecap

glad to see that, first of all, the dangers of doing such a maneuver have been mentioned. if pulled off properly, a strike to an opponent's knee can, quite simply, remove their ability to walk. obviously this is a move not to be used lightly.

having said that, i find it to be one of the best moves possible if you should encounter an individual much much larger than yourself. i'm only 5'7" and 130 lbs.. so it doesn't take much to best me in size. however, i know that if i were to go for my opponent's knee and land a solid blow, the fight is immediately in my favor. in short, very effective, but to be used in rare your-life-is-in-danger circumstances only.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I dont recomend kicking straight on at the knee. It would have to be from the side or something because i was sparring this really really big guy at class and he threw a kick while i was also going to throw a kick and i wasnt really paying much attention (i know i should have been) and my knee cap slammed into his heel and it was really hard like the force required to break a board when put together the two kicks. And i got a big lump on my knee and he had a really really sore heel, but we would still be able to fight well, so i dont recomend kicking th eknee unless its your last resort because you can injure yourself in the process and not really hurt the other person too badly unless you kick exactly the right spot and if they ar emoving its a little hard.

Focus

i have hurd first hand storys about kicks to the knee that ended a fight, and dont dought there prowess if done right but the odds of pulling one off in a real fight are poor at best.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I do not wish to open to big of a can of worms but here I go. When do you consider a street fight to be a life or death senerio. What makes it a beat down as opposed to a muder attempt? I realise the school yard may, I said may not be as dangerous as some other places but I say if you try and cannot avoid an attacker then give him all you have and desculate as you deem necessary. Never underestimate an opponent and never fight with less than the plan of total dominace.

Survivor