• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kick to kneecap

good posts you all. if say it is a school fight..not that you need be in one and are afraid of breaking a knee and getting sued..might i suggest a kick to the shin. a nice hard kick in the shin..esp in the middle where the cluster of nerves are (feel free to correct me if im wrong) will hurt a ton and most likely end it since ur opponent is going to be hopping on 1 leg. and if they are that persistent..u can fake that kick to the shin they will react and you have a whole new opening. jus somethin to keep in mind

2nd Dan Soo Bahk Do. Dan Bon - 36884

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm a hard kick to the shin i advocated this in an earlyer post. i decided to test the efectiveness of a kick to the shin on one of my non MA friends (with consent) i used a front thrust kick and my friend said it hurt bad but not bad enough to cause him to stop fighting ever after repeated kicks he said that the pain was bad but not a fight ender.

Fist visible Strike invisible

really? good friend uve got there by the way lol. if nothing else though it will give u a moment of opportunity you can use to leave or finish it. and then theyre watching ur leg..and well if theyre not trained u should be done with it pretty quick. was it right in the cluster of nerves? interesting post thanks muaythaiboxer

2nd Dan Soo Bahk Do. Dan Bon - 36884

Be very carefull with blows to the knee. It is very easy to cause permanent injury.

3 years ago, I was playing ice hockey (goaltenter), while executing a semi-butterfly save with the left leg, I felt a little 'pop' to the inside of my right knee. It felt sore and tender to lateral motions. 2 weeks later I had a doc look at it. 2nd degree tear to the MCL. Took 6 months of therapy to make it better. To this day, I still cannot attempt repeated meneuvers that require pivoting on my right leg. That was a move I had done thousands of times before, and have done thousands of times since. Slightly different positioning and 'pop'. The knee is a truly badly designed joint.

But if you r fighting against someone who is trying to really hurt you, you should do it, it is very effective in self defense and you could run afterwards and he wont be able to follow

yea the guy i tested the shin kicking on is a great guy. and i agree it does give you an opertunaty to follow up.

quot/MFGQ/ But if you r fighting against someone who is trying to really hurt you, you should do it, it is very effective in self defense and you could run afterwards and he wont be able to follow

whail i agree i have to say that a kick to the thigh will do the same thing and the thigh is an easier target to hit than the knee.

But if you r fighting against someone who is trying to really hurt you, you should do it, it is very effective in self defense and you could run afterwards and he wont be able to follow

It CAN be effective, but is not inherently automatically effective. I would actually not advocate teaching it in self defense classes. Why? because you are hitting a small target area. Not only that, but it's a small area that you need to hit a certain way. In the adrenaline rush of a fight, this can be hard to accomplish. In addition, He is trying to hurt you without being hurt himself, adding yet another level of difficulty.

true but i dont think it should be totally taken out of your bag of tricks i mean if done right it can be a fight ender and thats reson enough to keep it IMHO.

If I kick to the knee I try to strike just above the knee cap and drive down. That way sometimes the foot will get pinned to the ground cuz the knee is farther back then the ankle. Then POP ligament breaks and attacker is on his butt. Kind of hard to come after you when his knee has no support. :)