• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kick to kneecap

This may sound a little controversal...

But on top of kicking the thighs, which is probably the best choice for the school yard... Aim for the lower abdomen to groin area. It doesn't take much to take incompacitate a guy with a good groin or lower abdomen hit.

May be a little dirty, but fighting isn't clean anyways.

groin shots are overrated. They aren't the fight enders that people think they are. In high adrenaline situations, you don't always feel it. I've taken them in fights - in the street and ring - and not felt it until after it was over.

All I gotta say is that you have some great conditioning then, cause I have ended fights with hard groin kicks, and I've been floored by them as well.

And even great MMA conditioned fighters get affected by groin shots, Watch UFC 54, when WW Champ Matt Hughes gets struck by an accidental groin shot by Trigg. High adrenaline situation, smash in the groin, and he started curling up. He almost lost that match, I think if Matt hadn't worn a cup, then he would have lost that fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess ive never taken one hard enough to have that kind of pain. so i guess i will have to give this one to you as you have more experience with them than i do.

Fist visible Strike invisible

All I gotta say is that you have some great conditioning then, cause I have ended fights with hard groin kicks, and I've been floored by them as well.

And even great MMA conditioned fighters get affected by groin shots, Watch UFC 54, when WW Champ Matt Hughes gets struck by an accidental groin shot by Trigg. High adrenaline situation, smash in the groin, and he started curling up. He almost lost that match, I think if Matt hadn't worn a cup, then he would have lost that fight.

I'm not saying they can't end a fight. A punch to the jaw CAN end one, but doesn't always. And that's the issue - people always try to teach kicks to the groin as a fight ender and that is not necessarily so.

I'm not saying they can't end a fight. A punch to the jaw CAN end one, but doesn't always. And that's the issue - people always try to teach kicks to the groin as a fight ender and that is not necessarily so.

Fair enough, I agree with that assesment, a well rounded fighter does need more than just one tool.

Two recent examples I can think of of fighters getting hit in the groin and getting no referee stoppage are Trigg vs Hughes and Liddell vs Overeem. Interestingly enough, both Hughes and Liddell won their respective fights after catching some rather hard shots to the groin.

first of all i think you should think of what you will be doing to someone if you hit them on the side of the knee with that kick like everyone is saying. i agree with master jules, if its a life or death situation on the street, then u need to stay alive. to do that you need to do whatever u have to. as for a school yard fight, you would probably be better off just walking away. depending on the school u are in you could be kicked out.

well as a person i agree with you totaly...but as a high school student i know its not an option to back down unless you plan on changeing schools, ego is every thing in school and walking away after saying you will fight is not an option. i know its bad but this is the way high school is. im one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and people have started troubel with me because im and athlete or have the reputation of being a "good fighter" its like every one wants to be cool by trying to take down the guy they know can fight. and i know i would rather take a good hit than have people talk behind my back every time i turn around.

AMITABHA

well reputation can make you do many things, maybe you should'nt say you would fight at all. however, like my master says, " some people just need to be slepped up" that is if there is no alternative. there are many ways of humiliating someone without fighting, you just need to use your head. granted if he swings first its all fair game. i understand the problem you have, with everyone trying to test you. the only advice i have is you dont have to prove to anyone that you can fight. as you should know, what you do is for you not for show.

trust me i HATE to fight outside the ring and i hate violence in general (outside the ring) and i have never started a fight nor have i ever swung first. but as much as i hate fighting i hate talking smack worse i think its about the worst thing you can do to a person is talk behind there back and try to ruin there self esteem that is why i always confront the person and tell them to back off. (i guess its working cause i havent been in a fight in about 7 mounths) :)